Active Judder's Please

Replies

• Hi, I'm just starting. Have done my own thing for past 4 days fasting to get a kick start, one more day then going to do Monday, Wedneday and Fridays fasting and 4 days UDs, I do lots of exercise so don't want to feel weak doing it and feel 3 days will be enough. Need to lose a couple of stone. Love to hear peoples stories and tips on here. So far I've lost 2Kg or about 4 1/2 llbs
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    I'm new here and just started JUDDD a week ago.

So far so good. :)
  • can someone give me some advice, I'm doing 500 /2200 based on the fact that i exercise moderately, but tonight i will do a body attack class and burn about 650 calories, can i replace that 650 with food? I know i'll be ravenous and I've been on a DD today?
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Hi and welcome!

If you can do it fasted great! If not fuel your body with a low fat choice. Perhaps a nice protein shake.
  • kel7298
    I'm new here and just started JUDDD a week ago.

So far so good. :)

Welcome to the group!
  • thanks Kel, I will try and limit it to a 100cal diet bar!
  • I'm doing it too.:)
  • delbury
    delbury Posts: 4
    Hello everyone!
    I have been judding for nine months and have lost 33lbs. Had a few plateaus but kept going. The DDs are getting to be a bit boring and am having to try new/different tactics to keep up the will. I use 600 on DDs because I can't manage tea/coffe without milk so have to allow myself the extra 100 but it still seems to work. I was over 15stone last January and did a 1200cal for some months but that gets so-o-o-o tedious. This is SO much better and easier to stick to. Keep it up, all of you--it really works! :flowerforyou:
  • kel7298
    WTG!
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Started 3 days ago!!
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    I'm a newbie :)
  • WildPlace
    WildPlace Posts: 21 Member
    Welcome newbies and good luck with your JUDDDing :-)
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Doing well, started about 3 weeks ago and was hoping there were some active JUDDDers here. :flowerforyou:
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Still here, and back to JUDDDing for a few more pounds.
  • WildPlace
    WildPlace Posts: 21 Member
    Hi Scoobies and welcome, hope it's going well for you!

Keiras_Mom good luck with losing a few more pounds Dawn, you're looking great!
  • Jenatello
    Jenatello Posts: 35 Member
    Hello, I'm Jen and today is my first DD. I just started and think this is going to be the only thing that helps me to actually lose weight.

I know something is up with my thyroid, but my doctor says everything is fine. If that were true then I would be able to lose weight with the way I eat and exercise.

A little back story on myself. I started MFP weighing 235 a year after having my daughter. I was able to get down to 220 (over a 12 month period. I stopped using MFP during that time), and no matter what I do or how many calories I eat I cannot get below 220.

A friend of mine was talking about her hypothyroidism and said that she is JUDDDing and it's the only thing that works for her. So I did some research and think this will finally be what kick starts my weight loss.

Here's to JUDDDing and hopefully this will work!
  • I started JUDDD on June 17 and have lost approximately 8 pounds! I'm so thrilled with the progress so far I wanted to post here to give encouragement to anyone who might need it. I don't know how much of the loss is strictly due to JUDDD or other factors that have been going on, but I have been trying to lose weight for such a long time with no success - until now. I am taking some medications that could have contributed to the weight loss (bromocriptine and Synthroid). Both of those medicines are supposed to be correcting hormonal problems that I'm almost certain were the reason for my 20 pound-ish weight gain to begin with. But it's pretty dramatic how quickly the pounds came off after I had a few down days.

My weekly schedule is like this: Sunday (DD), Monday (UD), Tuesday (DD), Wednesday (UD), Thursday (DD), Friday and Saturday (UD). The only way I could make it work for me was to have two consecutive up days on Friday and Saturday. My calories according to the calculator were about 2,000/500. The calculator actually gave me a higher calorie number for up days because of the type and frequency of exercise that I do, but I was afraid to actually go that high... not to mention, 2,000 and 500 are easy to remember. I still don't quite make it to 2,000 on some up days, but I make up for that on the occasional "up, up and away day!"

Get this: 5 of those 8 pounds were lost while I was on a two-week vacation. It was quite hard to stick to 500 calorie down days while traveling, but I am so glad I stayed strong. :)

Good luck to everybody!
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    WildPlace - Thanks for the welcome! :flowerforyou:

Jen - Hi! I hope your first DD went well and that this way of eating is what works for you!!

Unstrungharp - Congrats on your success - and while on vacation - wow! :drinker:

I lost my way last week, but am back on track this week. I was doing so well...ugh! DDs are so easy for me but I am such an over eater on the UDs. :sick:

Glad to see new people! :flowerforyou: Hope everyone has a wonderful - and successful - weekend!!
  • Jenatello
    Jenatello Posts: 35 Member
    I was fine all day until about 3:30pm. That's when my husband decided that Papa Murphy's was dinner. I had to go and pick it up and bake it! Ugh. But once the pizzas were done my son left a cupboard door open and I smacked my head pretty good. Long story short, I spent the rest of the evening in bed with a killer headache. And I didn't eat any pizza. lol

Sooooo glad today is my UD!! I had some leftover pizza for breakfast and am still full. So I will probably have a late lunch/early dinner and just a salad around 6:30-7pm.

Also, I am not going to exercise on my DD's. I ran a little yesterday and was starting to feel hungry a few minutes in. I stopped and drank some water and the hunger went away. I think for the first two weeks I'm only going to work out on my UD's. lol
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Also, I am not going to exercise on my DD's. I ran a little yesterday and was starting to feel hungry a few minutes in. I stopped and drank some water and the hunger went away. I think for the first two weeks I'm only going to work out on my UD's. lol

Yeah, might be a good idea at least for your first few down days.

After you get used to down days, exercise on them is fine for me - especially earlier in the day.