ANIMAL CROSSING!

Zomoniac
Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
ANIMAL CROSSING!

That is all.

Replies

• astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    I am playing the Gamecube version on my emulator...right now.....HOW DID YOU KNOW.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Zomoniac, if you're playing the 3DS one, you may want to make some visits to Best Buy, I believe they're giving out free items or something. They had a flyer about it but since I don't have the game, I didn't really look at it.
  • Zomoniac
    I am playing the 3DS one but alas I'm in the UK where Best Buy doesn't really exist :(
  • kryten83
    kryten83 Posts: 12
    Just ordered my copy. Should be better playing this for short bursts every day rather than long slob sessions of Dishonered or Tomb Raider. I can take my 3DS with me on my bike rides and have a quick game on my halfway break.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    I abuse 3/10 of my residents so far hahaha ;D
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    I need to get this game.
  • I've invested an embarrassing amount of time into this game. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    I don't have the 3DS version yet, but I was addicted to that game so bad when it came out on Gamecube. I still owe Tom Nook a bunch of bells... stupid Raccoon.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Hell, My name is Purpleflipflops, and I am a recovered Animal Crossing Addict. It started about three years ago, when I bought the game one sale. At first I played to relax after a long day, then, slowly, it became something bigger. I found myself setting an alarm to get up 15 minutes early so I could get my game in before I had to go to work. I would fantasize about going to the shops every day to see the new items. I loved it, no, I NEEDED it. I was lucky enough to quit Animal Crossing once and for all a couple of summers ago, and I am happy to say I am 100% clean. :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    My friend keeps encouraging me to buy the 3DS version, but I'm honestly worried about getting hooked. I don't have a lot of time for interactive play. Is it a game that's easily picked up and put down or am I better off not buying it? XD
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Zomoniac, if you're playing the 3DS one, you may want to make some visits to Best Buy, I believe they're giving out free items or something. They had a flyer about it but since I don't have the game, I didn't really look at it.

Here's the link for information: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/kv3XQP2CyseDoKoaMxBcEMvcchE-PMP_?om_rid=AAAo7O&om_mid=_BRxOH9B8zaxhxh

You can still get exclusive items until the end of July and into August I believe, they switch it up every 2 weeks or so. The best item was offered in the first week IMO, it was a Nook Wallclock :happy:
  • Zomoniac
    My friend keeps encouraging me to buy the 3DS version, but I'm honestly worried about getting hooked. I don't have a lot of time for interactive play. Is it a game that's easily picked up and put down or am I better off not buying it? XD

For the first few days you'll sink in a lot of time. After that, you play it for about 20-30 minutes every day. But I mean every day. A day missed is so many wasted opportunities. Fossils missed. There might have been a shark. What if you miss your small window on Sunday morning for heavy turnip investment?!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    I loved the Gamecube version and DS version. It got so bad that my wife once said, me or the game. I chose my wife. I have sworn off this game as well as Harvest Moon games.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Well guys... I'm worried. I'm worried that I'm slowly sinking into this addiction and there wont be much to do to stop it from happening. It's in my pocket right now and it feels so heavy in there. I just want to take it out and start digging and fishing and being all mayoral.

It is a wonderfully crafted game though, I can tell you that. If anyone wants to visit, check out the town of Sandwich!
  • JoyceMakker
    JoyceMakker Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I'm Joyce and I got New Leaf in the mail last Monday! :D
    The first few days I spent most time on it but now it's starting to die down a bit. I spent about an hour and a half on it today, just because I had to get the money for that damn bridge :P

If anyone wants to trade fossils that would be cool, I keep my doubles in the closet just for that purpose :P Fruit is also welcome, at this point I only have pears, oranges and one other of which I can't remember the name... I'm a newb :P

Friend code: 2208 - 4828 - 0854
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    It is good to know I'm not alone.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    I play it 15 minutes every morning when I wake up. I feel I'm more of tyrant then a mayor.
  • Zomoniac
    Made a tasty 3 million bells on the stalk market this week. That'll do nicely.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    I LOVE ANIMAL CROSSING!!! (dies from excitement)
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Playing New Leaf! Add me! My friend code is 4914 3731 9740. :)
    Message me with yours so I can add you!