instead of a fatty bbq

I am so proud of myself this 4th of July!! Instead of going to a bbq and eating a cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chips, and dip, I went with my workout pal to the gym and worked my butt off - literally. We did 45 min. on the elliptical and 15 min. on the stairmaster, and worked on our arms strength training.

I also went to a fest last night and did not buy one piece of food. I ate all my calories before going and had the willpower to not get funnel cakes, cotton candy, etc.

Woo Hoo!!! This was a first and I feel so proud. I even worked it to have a yummy steak tonight and great dinner on the bbq at home. :tongue:

Replies

• Hopeful4757
    Hopeful4757 Posts: 138
    I am so proud of myself this 4th of July!! Instead of going to a bbq and eating a cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chips, and dip, I went with my workout pal to the gym and worked my butt off - literally. We did 45 min. on the elliptical and 15 min. on the stairmaster, and worked on our arms strength training.

I also went to a fest last night and did not buy one piece of food. I ate all my calories before going and had the willpower to not get funnel cakes, cotton candy, etc.

Woo Hoo!!! This was a first and I feel so proud. I even worked it to have a yummy steak tonight and great dinner on the bbq at home. :tongue:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Good Job!!!! I hope I can do the same tomorrow. My plan is to go to the gym for about 2 hours early morning and then we have this huge family picnic afterward. I just want to the willpawer to stay away from the goodies. I even made a tinkerbell cake for my SIL for her 30th so this is going to be tough.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Wow Annie, GREAT JOB!!! I'm proud of you!!! I think I might have caved over the funnel cake! LOL.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    great job! i went to fireworks last night and would have caved over the funnel cakes if the line wouldn't have been like 2 miles long! lol:laugh: great job!!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Hi just wanted to know what a funnel cake is? I've never had one or seen one.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    yay for you!!! That's such a big deal :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Feels great, doesn't it!
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    kjllose - from what I know it's basically deep-fried cake batter covered in powdered sugar, and it's basically poured through a tube into the fryer and looks like a flattened ball of yarn deepfried (for lack of a better description)... is that right everyone? Google image it for a better description.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    thanks! We have fried dough up this way and you can sprinkle powdered sugar on it or honey or syrup. Way too fattening to even be talking about. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!