You know you're a Nerd when...

taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
When you couldn't sleep for like 36+ hours trying to figure out why the Assembly code you're writing is crashing your computer and then when you finally fall asleep, you get the solution in your sleep

When you read Lions commentary on Unix as a bed time light reading

When you freak out your new employer by calling library in front of him and asking for a book called "how to hack a continent" and then scaring him even more by pointing out the security holes within his network...

When in college some girl, while talking about your friend, says "OMG he's so smart with computers" and your first thought is "no he isn't. He's never even compiled a kernel before..."

When you walk into your computer lab to find a friend high on Acid making love to a floppy drive and don't think much of it...

When you know of a friend who builds a superbox by filling out his bathtub with glycerin and taking parts from a mini-fridge and using it to cool the glycerin so he can OC his CPU

When within an hour of being bored at work you figure out at least 5 hacks on MFP...

When you cringe at gamers thinking they're nerds

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMke9ogllmxPbuybyWF8M4kKSdrhUx-SEH6O1hFJBwpMAf0Ryt

you don't know me.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you know you're a nerd when you watch the Big Bang Theory marathon and totally understand what they are talking about! #lovethatshow #marrymesheldon #nerd
  • Hi Taunto...I :heart: you
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    you know you're a nerd when you watch the Big Bang Theory marathon and totally understand what they are talking about! #lovethatshow #marrymesheldon #nerd

BAZINGA!
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    When you're 13 years old and the teacher tries to trick the class by asking the square root of 2. You put up your hand and reply "approximately 1.4142135" because you had memorized it for fun. The sad part is not understanding why none of your peers think you're cool.
  • taunto
    When you're 13 years old and the teacher tries to trick the class by asking the square root of 2. You put up your hand and reply "approximately 1.4142135" because you had memorized it for fun. The sad part is not understanding why none of your peers think you're cool.

They're just jealous of us Mandy :(
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

i'm taking your lunch money later.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    you know you're a nerd when you watch the Big Bang Theory marathon and totally understand what they are talking about!
    ^^THIS I spend way too much time watching physic/astrophysics show on "The Science Channel".
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    nerds_candy_html.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmBPg93IT-HaMRrNDtFkysrzKTAlO-YBWuBjDRNolH5ZTJZ4TVxXCoCMuk
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Penny
  • taunto

I actually had somebody say "I am sch a nerd. I watch Big Bang Theory all the time".
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    You devise your own contraption to keep your huge glasses on your face during home workouts..
    When you can't decide if you're more excited about the new database changes you are rolling out or the macros you're writing for a quarterly report..
    When you try to calculate the percentages of your daily food intake in your head then check MFP to see how close you were to being right..
    When you get so excited about finding venus fly-traps at Whole foods, you trip and knock two off the table..
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member

you don't know me.

Haha, QFT. Gaming and nerd/geek used to be synonomous back in the 90's since they gave us an outlet for our vivid imaginations. But this all gradually started to change during the era of PS1 and later. I still think the older final fantasy games are superior to FF7. Cronotrigger and FF6, FTW!

Who remembers Video Power or the Super Mario Bro and Captain N Show?
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    When you buy chemistry text books to read and do chem problems for fun... and not to mention you graduated from school over 5 years ago. Yup, I did that for Physics too. I love math and science haha and I also do financial planning for fun.

I get the eye rolls when I tell people that, they cannot understand the fun in knowing what my finances are going to look like in a year and what savings I can potentionally have by that time. I also for fun have done this for others... I tried accounting as a job but it just wasn't as fun when I did it for work :/
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member

LOL!

When you become disillusioned when no one can talk to you about Permian extinction or the fascinating genetic effect of the Black Death.

PS reading Harry Potter and watching episodes of Dr. Who does not a nerd make. Only spending hours hiding in the library at school so the mean girls wont pick on you a nerd makes.
  • Zaniejane

LOL!

When you become disillusioned when no one can talk to you about Permian extinction or the fascinating genetic effect of the Black Death.

PS reading Harry Potter and watching episodes of Dr. Who does not a nerd make. Only spending hours hiding in the library at school so the mean girls wont pick on you a nerd makes.

Yes! If you've lived in fear of having the s**t kicked of you for a year or more, then you've really earned the title:)
  • Zaniejane

They're just jealous of us Mandy :(

:flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member

you don't know me.

Haha, QFT. Gaming and nerd/geek used to be synonomous back in the 90's since they gave us an outlet for our vivid imaginations. But this all gradually started to change during the era of PS1 and later. I still think the older final fantasy games are superior to FF7. Cronotrigger and FF6, FTW!

Who remembers Video Power or the Super Mario Bro and Captain N Show?

I loved the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, but sadly missed out on the Captain N show :/
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Your Kindle has a personalized skin that makes it look like a TARDIS, you were more excited to go see Captain Kirk's command chair than the Space Needle during your visit to Seattle, and you can name any episode of Firefly based on one line.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    When you walk into your computer lab to find a friend high on Acid making love to a floppy drive and don't think much of it...

Does this mean all nerds make love to floppy drives?