Good Exercise Ideas?

I usually just walk 1hr a day at 2.5 mph. We have a gym (treadmill, oliptical, weight machines, and automatic stair stepper), a pool, and at home I have a hula hoop, punching bag, fairly spacious yard, jump rope, and firm bouncy ball possibly for sit ups. I also do the 8 minute abs, arms, legs, and buns from youtube. I feel like I need to mix it up but every other exercise seems so boring. I don't really like playing outside so are there any good, fun exercises that can take up some time in my exercise per day? Thanks for your help!!! :smile:

Replies

• AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    I usually just walk 1hr a day at 2.5 mph. We have a gym (treadmill, oliptical, weight machines, and automatic stair stepper), a pool, and at home I have a hula hoop, punching bag, fairly spacious yard, jump rope, and firm bouncy ball possibly for sit ups. I also do the 8 minute abs, arms, legs, and buns from youtube. I feel like I need to mix it up but every other exercise seems so boring. I don't really like playing outside so are there any good, fun exercises that can take up some time in my exercise per day? Thanks for your help!!! :smile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    There are tons of exercises out there using the equipment you have access to. I think you have to decide if that's the route for you. For example, your walking pace you could do intervals in it to boost your calorie burn.. like 5 min 2.5 then 2 min 3.0, you could also work in incline additions to boost your burn.

As far as the rest... what are you trying to get from you workouts? You can do jump rope in between your walking 10 min walk, 2 min jump rope, 10 min walk etc for 60 min.

So, with a little more specifics I might be able to help.. do you have access to free weights?