Cauliflower "Alfredo" Sauce - LIFE CHANGING.

Replies

• sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Bump
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    bump... I wanna make this!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    I'm going to try this, the different responses in here have made me curious :)
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Sounds great thanks
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Bumppppppp
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    nom nom nom gonna have to try this for sure!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    bupmity bump!

thanks!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Bump
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Thank you!
  • carolynruthdav
    carolynruthdav Posts: 2 Member
    So how about putting this on Spaghetti squash with some shrimp or chicken.
  • I'm always up for trying a variation for alfredo
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Bump! Will have to try!!
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    bump
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    I'd prefer this with cauliflower broth instead of the chicken broth, over julienned cauliflower--it's almost like real pasta! I then like to puree cauliflower to substitute for the milk. It's so good, and it all tastes just like cauliflower.

lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • raeless2011
    raeless2011 Posts: 18 Member
    If you guys want to eat alfredo sauce, go right ahead. All you have to do is just ignore the recipe, you don't need to come on here and debase people who are just trying to share healthier alternatives. Get off your high horse. It's just sauce.

Thank you for sharing. I like the community where we share good ideas. Don't be bothered by those who want to rain on a parade. Please continue to share ideas.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,451 Member
    should have said you cannot make "authentic" alfredo sauce with just butter and parm. the real stuff also uses heavy cream and a pinch of nutmeg.

not always. pasta water is frequently used to make it creamy and thick enough. the starch comes out of the pasta during cooking and thickens the sauce.

Just to interject...ACG had it right. The authentic/original alfredo didn't have cream. It was butter and parmesan The butter that was used was so creamy in texture that cream or any additional ingredient (minus the parmesan and pasta) was not needed.

That's interesting. I've seen the same thing happen with carbonara "sauce" and risotto - added cream which isn't needed. I've even seen a restaurant serve two versions of spaghetti carbonara - the Italian version made with eggs and the British version made with cream.

I sometimes make pasta with just butter and cheese, and it really isn't a lot of a calories as long as you're careful about portion size. Both butter and parmesan have quite distinctive flavours and you really don't need a lot. I was surprised to see that the usual portion is 1200 calories (although it wouldn't surprise me at all in a restaurant). That IS a lot, but at home someone could just have a half portion, or use slightly less butter. It's lovely with salt and pepper. I also like to add some non-traditional petit pois for colour and sweetness.

(I'm sure I might also like the cauliflower sauce in the OP, so thanks for posting! But the above kind of alfredo is so easy and satisfying).
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    I'd honestly rather just have real alfredo sauce over some cauliflower.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    I can't wait to try this! Thank you!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    absolutely hate cauliflower, but gonna give this a try - - thanks!