Hi, I'm new too.

After looking at a picture of myself from when I was 17 I realized that I really need to do something. It's not like the body was never there, it just got a little out of shape. OK, a LOT out of shape. So I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought all new and healthy foods (my family will be so happy) and I went to the gym this morning and did laps in the pool. My goal is to be back to my actual body by my 40th birthday which is in 1 year and 2 days. :tongue:

Replies

• After looking at a picture of myself from when I was 17 I realized that I really need to do something. It's not like the body was never there, it just got a little out of shape. OK, a LOT out of shape. So I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought all new and healthy foods (my family will be so happy) and I went to the gym this morning and did laps in the pool. My goal is to be back to my actual body by my 40th birthday which is in 1 year and 2 days. :tongue:
  • This is a wonderful site. I started my diet last tuesday (due to a true awakening at the doctors office). I have gained at least 70 pounds in the past 4 years and this is not good standing at 5'7' at 270pds. I have a long way to go and ready to go all the way
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi and welcome!
    This place is GREAT! You WILL lose whatever weight you want here, and it'll "almost" be easy doing it! Seeing your daily food log numbers is a real eye opener. Once you learn to work with those numbers and modify your eating habits, as well as get in some exercise, you'll find that the weight WILL start coming off!
    We also have a wonderfully support system here! It's addicting to read (and reply to) the message boards! It's a fun, great way to lose weight, and I NEVER thought I'd be using a word like fun when it comes to losing weight! :laugh:
  • Thank you so much! I already really like this site.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    welcome. Your family will get over the healthy food, mine did and they are getting in shape too I do all the shopping :laugh: :laugh: This site makes it easy and the support is great. There are alot of helpful links, check out the newbies links they are very helpful. :drinker: