possible to be ripped and still have huge boobies...?

Porcelaine22
Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
My goal since being on MFP has changed dramatically and I no longer desire to be skinny as I have for the last decade or more....

I now desire to be fit, toned, healthy, fat free and in the best shape of my life....!

Except... I have MASSIVE boobies...

Have any of you crazy fit amazing women, who have worked your *kitten* off to be the tightest and fittest you can be still kept your large boobies??

I did a post around a year ago asking if any busty women who had lost the same amount of weight I aim to lose had finally seen the loss of their breasts... MOST said NO.

I am now curious to know if those who have worked their backsides off in the gym, who now have abs and all that wonderful muscle mass and definition have seen any shift in their massive babylons?!!

Lots of love your fellow large breasted lady :heart:

e7aab16d-55c1-452c-9c32-f5f82ed8747c_zps062d4b32.jpg

Replies

• hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    good question
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    About 2 years ago I met my goal of losing 50 pounds. I lost my boobs. I went from a 40DD to a 34 Small C. And they were like deflated balloons. So, while I was unhappy to gain some weight back, I was happy because my boobs came back.
  • Porcelaine22
    I can't offer advice (I'm just average-chested, I'm afraid) but I just wanted to tell you that you are stunning. Like wow. I think it's awesome that you want to get super-fit, but curves look awesome on you too :smile:

LaurenAOK, thank you sooo much, that is such a lovely comment!! :flowerforyou:

I love my curves but want to be tight!! :blushing: haha!! and for the record book... You are GORGEOUS... I would kill to look like you do in a bikini! beautiful girl!! :love:
  • teenXidle
    teenXidle Posts: 45 Member
    EXCUSE ME MA'AM YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR BEING TOO DARN HOT.

But seriously, you have such an amazing figure! In that picture you look alot like Demi Lovato when she had reddish hair! (my favorite singer ever)

Right now I am a 34-36DDD and at my lowest weight I was still a comfortable 32DD. I want to get back to that size because it's easy to deal with. :) Even after losing 25 pounds I only lost a teeny bit off my bra size.

My guess would be that even if you got super fit/toned you would get to keep your boobies!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    You look wonderful.

I think boobs are just what they are and everyone's does something different. One of my daughters is rather large chested and she is really skinny. I know a lady who finally got hers reduced because she lost all her weight and became really fit and they were so big they hurt. It seems that some people lose a lot and others don't lose any.
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm going to bump to see some replies! That is one of my biggest concerns in losing weight. I"m pretty large in the chest department and am kind of terrified of losing my boobs. They balance out my body shape so I feel like I NEED them. Although, I wouldn't mind being able to workout in less then three bras....

Also, I agree with one of the posters above me. Good luck on your wight loss journey, but you are KILLING your curves girl.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    This isn't going to be constructive because I don't know much about building strength, but, uh -

Wow. Your figure IS FRACKING AWESOME!!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    ripped usually implies a very low body fat percentage, e.g. 15% or less in women.... you can be fit, toned, healthy and in excellent shape without cutting your body fat percentage so low. Most women don't have much boob left at such low body fat percentages, and the fitness models you see with big boobs and 6 pack abs generally have had implants (bear in mind that doesn't account for individual differences so I'm not saying it's impossible to have 6 pack abs and reasonably big boobs at the same time, just that most women won't). But then you don't have to cut your body fat percentage that low, many women prefer how their bodies look between 20-25% body fat, which is still well within the healthy range, and keeping boobs would be one reason some women will choose to not go below these levels of body fat. It's important to consider all these things in terms of what your goal is, because it is your body and it's about what you want. You can't override genetics, but then you do seem to be genetically gifted in the boob department, so you probably do stand a better chance of having larger boobs at a lower body fat percentage. And also, if you find that they get smaller than you really want, you can always gain a little weight back again, and maintain your weight at the point where they're bigger. If you're in the healthy body fat range and you're fit, strong and active, then how much you lose after that is purely about aesthetics and personal preference.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    When I started I wore 40 E cups. Now I am wearing 34 F, so proportionally I have them, but this doesnt mean I havent lost some of them, and I really hate this. One of the reasons I am in maintenance is that I dont want to loose more from my boobies.

I'm working out a lot, and I am more and more toned every month.

Oh, I forgot to add, that at the beginning I choose the slowest way to loose, in order to keep my skin elasticity. This seemed to working well. (I exfoliate a lot too for the same reason.)
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    I hope so!
  • Porcelaine22
    I'm going to bump to see some replies! That is one of my biggest concerns in losing weight. I"m pretty large in the chest department and am kind of terrified of losing my boobs. They balance out my body shape so I feel like I NEED them. Although, I wouldn't mind being able to workout in less then three bras....

Also, I agree with one of the posters above me. Good luck on your wight loss journey, but you are KILLING your curves girl.

Awww Thank you!!! haha I know about the 3 bra thing, I am eagerly awaiting a custom made enell bra from America at the moment which should cut the bra requirements down to 1 with any luck!! :)
  • _NautiBuoy_
    _NautiBuoy_ Posts: 55 Member
    In for the boobs!
  • Porcelaine22
    ripped usually implies a very low body fat percentage, e.g. 15% or less in women.... you can be fit, toned, healthy and in excellent shape without cutting your body fat percentage so low. Most women don't have much boob left at such low body fat percentages, and the fitness models you see with big boobs and 6 pack abs generally have had implants (bear in mind that doesn't account for individual differences so I'm not saying it's impossible to have 6 pack abs and reasonably big boobs at the same time, just that most women won't). But then you don't have to cut your body fat percentage that low, many women prefer how their bodies look between 20-25% body fat, which is still well within the healthy range, and keeping boobs would be one reason some women will choose to not go below these levels of body fat. It's important to consider all these things in terms of what your goal is, because it is your body and it's about what you want. You can't override genetics, but then you do seem to be genetically gifted in the boob department, so you probably do stand a better chance of having larger boobs at a lower body fat percentage. And also, if you find that they get smaller than you really want, you can always gain a little weight back again, and maintain your weight at the point where they're bigger. If you're in the healthy body fat range and you're fit, strong and active, then how much you lose after that is purely about aesthetics and personal preference.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this response... I really appreciate you taking the time as it is quite difficult to know what the projected outcome can be and its enlightening to see you write that at the end of the day I can control my aesthetic preferences. I have considered a breast reduction within the last year and went to a consultation where I was told I'd need to lose a massive amount of weight before I would be suitable for the op, but if I am true to myself I ADORE my boobies and love my shape, it just needs to be tighter, proportionally smaller and fitter...

Your advice has been extremely helpful, thank you again x :flowerforyou:
  • Porcelaine22
    This isn't going to be constructive because I don't know much about building strength, but, uh -

Wow. Your figure IS FRACKING AWESOME!!!!

awwwwwwwwwww Thank you!!!!! :blushing: its crazy, I totally dont agree! :laugh:
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    At my largest I was a 32HH and my lightest picking the small backed 28's and taking an F to FF cup depending on the cut. My doctor estimated me at 15% body fat at that lowest point. I was very fit but not 'ripped'.

So yes, the girls receded with my weight loss, but at no point did I manage to loose the curves, even at 15% the guys at worked called me Jessica Rabbit as a nickname.
  • I see you'd like your boobs to be reduced in size, looking at your weight loss so far in the pics it looks like they have reduced in size already. Your figure looks awesome in the pic of weight loss in the maroon dress.
    I always lose my boobs when i lose weight. Genetics plays a big part.
    my brothers wife is super slim toned size 8 tiny waisted and big ample boobs, you'd think she'd had a boob enlargement, but shes all natural, her mum is the same.
  • Porcelaine22
    At my largest I was a 32HH and my lightest picking the small backed 28's and taking an F to FF cup depending on the cut. My doctor estimated me at 15% body fat at that lowest point. I was very fit but not 'ripped'.

So yes, the girls receded with my weight loss, but at no point did I manage to loose the curves, even at 15% the guys at worked called me Jessica Rabbit as a nickname.

This is what I wanted to hear!! :bigsmile:

I am a 30K at the moment, have been at my largest too although, with some overspill, so probably lets call is 32KK.... but now theres a tiny bit of space appearing in my bras.

I also get the Jessica Rabbit thing and its just one of the many reasons I love my girls!! Don't want to lose them too much if I can help it!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Genetics plays a factor but there is also the factor of how much is fat and how much is breast tissue.
    I've seen a busty superskinny but you used the term huge.
  • Breasts are made of fatty tissue so yes you will lose some breast size, but luckily your breasts are already a larger save than average so the amount you lose will probably be more proportionate and they will still most likely remain larger. A good example to look at is Jessica Simpson, she naturally has larger breasts and even at her skinniest they remained a larger size in proportion to her body fat and weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!