Shopping Who Knew it Could Actually be Fun!

mgs68pony
mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
First I will give you a little background information. I am a shorty, only 5'1.5 (and yes the half an inch counts hehe). When I started on this journey last year I had gained to the point I was bigger than I had been in my life. My eyes were opened to just how big I was when I had to start buying size 14 ( I know some will say this is not a big size but for me it was). With the help and encouragement of my wonderful husband, I started working out. My starting weight was 167. Within 6 months I was down to 149 and barely a size 8. I hurt my foot and was unable to workout for 4-6 months and multiple trips to the doctor. I slowly started gaining back everything but about 5 pounds and was back in a size 10/12 clothes again. I totally HATED to shop for clothes.

We started buying cheap equipment for a home gym in November. I started working out again on a regular basis at the beginning of the year. I set a goal to be in a size six by my birthday in September. I finished out the school year in too big clothes. My husband has promised a complete new wardrobe when I get to my goal size 6. I am currently not that worried a out the weight more about how my clothes feel and how I look in them. My goal weight is 140 and my CW is 147

Well he better his checkbook and credit cards ready!!!! I am now able to fit into most 6's just a little to tight to teach middle school in and feel comfortable. The clerk at the store said the 6's were not to tight, but i thought they were too tight on my booty (I def have some junk in my trunk!)

I absolutely had a blast shopping today!!!!

Who knew it could actually be fun!

Thanks for reading!!!

Replies

• grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    I feel the same way! For the last 10 years, I've had to buy the fug old lady prints in the muumuu size ... NO LONGER. Bring on the cute clothes!!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    I know I was the most unhappy person when it came to shopping for clothes and swimsuits!?!?!?!?!?!?!? My poor husband was so wonderful but said a few days ago when we were shopping how much more enjoyable it was for him now too! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!