Wish I would've... (at the start of my MFP journey)

Replies

• FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    I wish I would have taken a better before pic too.
  • I wish i had a before photo... I pound one of my at my heaviest, but it's hard to tell just how big I really was.

I always took measurements, thankfully.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    I REALLY wish I would've taken my measurements because I lost so many inches
  • ARoseC2012
    ARoseC2012 Posts: 21 Member
    1. made friends faster on here
    2. not depended on my husband as a support buddy
    3. kept a closer eye on my calories (actually weighing my food ect)
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    I like many others on here definitely wish I had measured. I kick myself quite often for not having the exact measurements and have just gone by clothing size charts to get a guesstimate. Would have definitely liked to have a few more before pictures and progress pictures along the way.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    * Don't wait too long to try on those "too small" clothes you have been saving... If you wait too long you wont get to wear them. There were a few in my closet that went from being too small to being way too big. Every few pounds or inches lost try them on. You never know!
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    I wish I never got chubby and out of shape to begin with :sad: but I know that's not the point of the thread...seriously I wish I had:

Taken a good before photo
    Taken several progress photos along the way
    Started strength training sooner
    Understood the importance of protein sooner
    Stuck to my calorie goal more regularly (I can count on 2 hands the number of times I stayed within my goal for the day)
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Thank you for all the advice! I've only been at this 11 days and I'm pretty lost.

Great thread!
  • Scott3600
    Scott3600 Posts: 14
    I have just gone and taken a photo of me at the start of my weight loss project. Thanks guys!
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Other then joining five years ago, I wish I had more/better before pictures. I also wish I knew my highest weight. I was so ashamed/ afraid of the number it would say so I didn't weigh myself for over a year, and had lost some before I bought a scale. Not that it matters much now, but it would be kind of nice to see my ticker say 40 or 50lbs down instead of 30.
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Made sure I was eating above my BMR (eating below BMR is by far the most common mistake I see among people tracking their food).

Bought a food scale.
  • ril0riley
    ril0riley Posts: 54 Member
    Weight training! Agh
    I got so turned off by all the meatheads on here who hate on cardio and tell you to lift five times a week instead

Wish I had found some middle ground and started a good lifting regimen on top of my cardio (which I still love!) a long time ago instead of waiting til the end
  • ril0riley
    ril0riley Posts: 54 Member
    Understood the importance of protein sooner

I second the protein, too! I started seeking it out when I started lifting, and it is UNREAL how much it fills me up and keeps me satisfied when I just try to eat as much protein as my calorie limit allows in a day
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    * Don't wait too long to try on those "too small" clothes you have been saving... If you wait too long you wont get to wear them. There were a few in my closet that went from being too small to being way too big. Every few pounds or inches lost try them on. You never know!

^^This. I had clothes that I didn't think fit, and by the time I tried them on they were too big.

Also, seconding the protein. Keeps you full, gives you power for working out.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    To give tips to new MFPers...what do you wish you would've done differently?

Me:
    Wish I would've taken a good 'before' pic
    Wish I would've taken measurements
    Wish I would've included weight training

THIS exactly
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    To give tips to new MFPers...what do you wish you would've done differently?

Me:
    Wish I would've taken a good 'before' pic
    Wish I would've taken measurements
    Wish I would've included weight training

All of this! I only took my first pic after I'd lost 12 pounds. I didn't take any measurements until about 2 weeks in.

I wish I would have really taken the advice of some of the super successful folks on here so that I wouldn't have been starving myself and hating losing weight because I couldn't eat any of my old favorites anymore. Now I know that being hangry and tired isn't necessary :happy:
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    I wish I would've eaten more than 1,200 calories.
  • lyssad2003
    lyssad2003 Posts: 39 Member
    I wish I had a good before photo... All I have are pics from various events, etc.
    I wish I had taken measurements. I get weighed and measured at the gym, but only allowed that to happen again after I started losing.
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Yes, to ALL of that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!