Any Whovians out there? :)

Replies

• marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Doctor Who FTW!
  • Blink was one of the first episodes that I really went "holy crap I bet I could show that to ANYONE and they'd like this show!", but then I was not a fan of how they kept bringing the angels back for more episodes. It was like making crappy sequels to what should have been a standalone awesome episode.

I agree think Blink is a great introduction to Doctor Who, but I totally know what you mean about the Weeping Angels. I was so incredibly disappointed with The Time of the Angels/Flesh & Stone.

Also, on a side note, did anyone else see Karen Gillan's big reveal at Comic Con?! Oh my!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    I started watching this year... then went back and watched season's 5 and 6...so of course Matt Smith is my clever boy!! I enjoy David Tennant, but after watching them all basically in reverse, I stopped and I started watching Eccleson's first season.... I rather hate him compared to Smith and Tennant. I want to sit down and watch everything in order, but I keep going back and watching repeats of Smith. I'm very distraught to have learned that Matt Smith's time is up after the Christmas special. I feel like mega geek right now... but I'm really pumped that I wore my Doctor Who belt to work today. lol. I also have to freely admit that I'm now terrified of statue Angels.... I can't pass by the cemetary (which is on the route to work) without cautioning myself not to blink.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    I seriously love everyone on here :) Whovians' roll call!!!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Yay more fellow Whovians! :happy:
    I've been watching since 2005, and my favourite doctor is David Tennant. It's a shame Chris Eccleston only did one series though, I liked him too.. Still not sure about Matt Smith. He's better now Amy and Rory are gone (I REALLY didn't like them but I seem to be one of the few :tongue: ) I quite like Clara, though Donna is still the best companion in my opinion.
    My favourite episodes are The Empty Child and Blink. Absolutely terrifying!
    I got my boyfriend hooked on Dr Who recently, and we've watched the first 4 series plus most of the specials. Only The End of Time (Pt. 1&2) to go now, but I'm putting it off because Davids exit was just sooo sad :sad:
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Favorite Doctor - David Tennant
    Favorite Episode/s: The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances
    The Girl In The Fireplace
    Blink
    The Beast Below
    Favorite character/s: I adore Strax, Madam Vastra and Jenny.
    Favorite companion: Donna - she was the only one not all mooney eyed over the Doctor. "You ain't mating with me, Mate!"
    Favorie line: Spoilers sweetie.
    Favorite quote: "Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. ... Good luck"
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member

Favorite companion: Donna - she was the only one not all mooney eyed over the Doctor. "You ain't mating with me, Mate!"

YES! This is exactly why she is my favourite too!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    There is a currently very quiet Doctor Who group here on MFP. It is called Who R Us.
  • sheenarama

Yay! I love that they had a brother/sister vibe!
  • sheenarama
    <333 So many whovians, if any of you live near Louisville, KY I know Capt Jack will be at fandomfest this weekend!

What??!!! I live in Frankfort. You live in Louisville?
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    So in! Love Doctor Who! :heart:

• Favorite companion: Donna - she was the only one not all mooney eyed over the Doctor. "You ain't mating with me, Mate!"

I actually really liked Martha until she started feeling romantic towards the Doctor. I can't really explain why. Donna was such a welcome change after that!
  • Kimdbro
    There is a currently very quiet Doctor Who group here on MFP. It is called Who R Us.

Group is about to experience a sudden surge of joining. lol.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Hello.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    I started watching this year... then went back and watched season's 5 and 6...so of course Matt Smith is my clever boy!! I enjoy David Tennant, but after watching them all basically in reverse, I stopped and I started watching Eccleson's first season.... I rather hate him compared to Smith and Tennant. I want to sit down and watch everything in order, but I keep going back and watching repeats of Smith. I'm very distraught to have learned that Matt Smith's time is up after the Christmas special. I feel like mega geek right now... but I'm really pumped that I wore my Doctor Who belt to work today. lol. I also have to freely admit that I'm now terrified of statue Angels.... I can't pass by the cemetary (which is on the route to work) without cautioning myself not to blink.

Oh man, if I had a Doctor Who belt I would start wearing belts!

My roommate is like you. She started with Smith this year and got me in to it so I started from the beginning of the reboot. I tried to get her to watch from Eccleston with me but she hated him after the first episode. And apparently she has a MAJOR thing against Billie Piper. So I tried to get her to watch from the beginning of the Tennant episodes with me. After two she quit. Oh well, her loss.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member

I actually really liked Martha until she started feeling romantic towards the Doctor. I can't really explain why. Donna was such a welcome change after that!

How do you NOT feel that way about the tenth doctor though? Being all nerdy and charming and awesome...she really didn't stand a chance.
  • kdchase
    kdchase Posts: 7 Member
    "Bow ties are cool."
  • Kimdbro
    Oh this reminds me... now that I have people to share with... the company I work for just moved into this massive new structure, very state of the art etc. When we were taking our tour someone said "Wow - It looks bigger on the inside than it does on the outside!" I burst out laughing and nodding, ready to high five the guy, saying "Right!!! Just like the Tardis!!! It's even painted blue." He stared at me blankly. I was all... "You know... Doctor Who - The Tardis... it's bigger on the inside and it's blue.... police call box...No? - nevermind" Arg.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Hell yes! Love them all except 11. Can't wait for 12!!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member

I'm actually convinced that Wilf is the doctor's father.