Resting heart rate...

2»

Replies

• kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    My resting heart rate is around 65bpm. I use my heart rate monitor, best thing I have bought.
    I love seeing my heart rate when exercising, although sometimes it beeps at me cause I hit 200 bpm when sprinting up hill haha
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    53 years of age.
    rhr 36
    Yoga, Bodyweight exercises, swimming.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    My resting heart rate is around 55-58 bpm.

When I exercise I use Polar RCX3.
  • I used to run about 3 miles a day as well as hit the gym about 4 times a week. At that point my resting heart rate was about 42 bmp. Now I run a lot less but go to the gym 7 days a week and my resting heart rate is about 47bmp - 52bpm.

There's a great iPhone app called Heart Monitor which I use its free and easy to use just place your finger over the light on your camera and wait patiently.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    My resting heart rate in the morning is usually between 61 - 65 which is "excellent" for my age range. I vary between powerwalks, lifting heavy weights and doing Pilates 6 days per week. I check my blood pressure every morning and my heart rate shows on there.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    I'm 52 and have been exercising very regularly for the past year. My rhr was in the 70's. Now after all the hours of incline treadmill, walking, water aerobics and Zumba it was 55 when I had my blood pressure taken a few days ago. This is considered in the athletic range (blood pressure 98/55). Exercise truly makes a difference.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 142 Member
    Before I started working out regularly it was between 75-80. Now it's between 55-60.
  • fongjon
    fongjon Posts: 19 Member
    Mine is about 60bpm also measured with finger and stop watch - Why complicate things?

A refreshing approach in today's high tech world, make me want to go climb a mountain! Thanks for you input...I think 60 is pretty good too.
  • fongjon
    Cant ever get that app to work for me, must have a defective finger or something. Thanks for you input bro
  • fongjon
    I used to run about 3 miles a day as well as hit the gym about 4 times a week. At that point my resting heart rate was about 42 bmp. Now I run a lot less but go to the gym 7 days a week and my resting heart rate is about 47bmp - 52bpm.

There's a great iPhone app called Heart Monitor which I use its free and easy to use just place your finger over the light on your camera and wait patiently.

Cant ever get that app to work for me, must have a defective finger or something. Thanks for you input bro
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Mine is between 52-54 bpm at rest.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    mines usually between 60-65 these days
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Last year I think it was 70something, this year I am down to 50something. Oh, and I can run 15k in one go, not sure which impresses me more :-p
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    I have little knowledge about this subject, but I ran across a web page with some charts that index age and resting heart rate ranges for men and women. Check it out: http://www.topendsports.com/testing/heart-rate-resting-chart.htm

At last check my resting heart rate was 39, which I think is on the athletic side for a 50 year old man.
  • Jarice12
    Jarice12 Posts: 135 Member
    Just looking at you guys' numbers...wow. I have anxiety and my heart rate is all over the place all the time. I'm lucky if I get it into the 70s. It has improved with exercise and weight loss, but it gets out of control with any amount of stress, and I have general anxiety so I'm generally anxious about everything. Any pointers?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Just looking at you guys' numbers...wow. I have anxiety and my heart rate is all over the place all the time. I'm lucky if I get it into the 70s. It has improved with exercise and weight loss, but it gets out of control with any amount of stress, and I have general anxiety so I'm generally anxious about everything. Any pointers?

Ive heard yoga will help with anxiety - and I certainly know that running puts me in a zone. If youre not running give it a try. The only time I get antsy is when I havent been able to run!
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Mine was 95 bpm before I started running.

Now it's 45 bpm.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member

Ive heard yoga will help with anxiety - and I certainly know that running puts me in a zone. If youre not running give it a try. The only time I get antsy is when I havent been able to run!

This! Running really helps.
  • Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    I have suffered from bad anxiety as well and a mixture of yoga and running has helped me alot. My resting HR is is now 58ish.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    I must be a freak. 47 yo male, RHR = 40 bpm. Measured with a pulse oximeter over an entire night. Gets as low as 34 bpm at some points during the night.