water

Options
i am one that does not normally drink water i love my diet pepsi max, i am gonna try to drink water alot more and less of the pepsi,,
have u all heard about the colder your water is the more calories you burn??
thats what i was told just wondering if it is true???

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i am one that does not normally drink water i love my diet pepsi max, i am gonna try to drink water alot more and less of the pepsi,,
    have u all heard about the colder your water is the more calories you burn??
    thats what i was told just wondering if it is true???
  • nanasn88
    Options
    actually that is true! When the water is cold, you're body need to heat it up for digestion, therefore burning more calories. If you drink hot water, it helps flush toxins and fat away too!!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :smile: hot water i didnt know this thanks
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Thats cool about the hot water. I love hot water. Sounds silly but I have been drinking hot water for years. Probably more than cold. Thanks for the info.

Eve
  • nevadahawker
    Options
    I gave up all pop (soda) about 6 weeks ago. It isn't easy and I had to constantly remind myself not to grab a diet pepsi when I was feeling tired during the day. But I have to say , I don't miss it now and I am sleeping better. Also, I rarely get that tired slump in the afternoons anymore. I make a lot of decaf tea at home and bottle that up to take to work. Water is ok, but I like mine with a little flavor! Best of luck on reaching your goals!
  • luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Aftering having her second kid went to the doctor about her weight loss. He told her that she wasn't losing weight because she was drinking too much cold/ice water. Drinking cold water tends to slow down your fat burning process. He suggested room temp water or hot water. Hot water does flush out a lot of toxins. I researched a little bit on the internet before posting my response but I came up with about 50/50 on the response. Just wanted to throw that perspective out there. Good luck.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I am not sure on the temp doing more or less for you. (But the researcher in me wants to find out now!) :bigsmile:
    all I know is that water is good for you. (O.K. it is BETTER for you.)
    The reason that it is hard to give up soda is that you are addicted to the chemicals that they have in them.
    A lot of people do not know this but the chemically processed foods that we eat and drink these days are loaded with chemicals that makes us want more of them.
    What a great marketing ploy Huh?!?
    These chimicals fake out your system to not knowing when it is hungry naturally.
    Unlike Fruit and Veggies.
    I had a friend tell me that she tried to eat a bowl of fruit one morning and a 1/2 hour later she was hungry, (OK she said STARVING. But I digress.)
    When I asked her what ELSE she had. She said that she had just finished her 2nd diet DP. Well No WONDER! I told her to try drinking water instead of the soda and see how she felt. It took a couple of days but it worked.
    Great post. :bigsmile:
    I am going to start my research now, and I will let you all know what I find out! :drinker:
    --Diann...
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think you are going to find a million claims to all sides of the equations - cold water is best, no - hot water is best, no - room temp water is best.

The important thing is you replace more and more of your soda consumption with water consumption and drink it whichever way you like it best.

Ever since my last pregnancy, I too have a hard time getting much water in my system - but I also now don't drink many liquids period. I rarely ever drink soda (usually only a sip or two on occassion to quench my craving for something sweet and fizzy) and usually don't even get through a half liter bottle of water a day. It's strange but I find the more liquids I drink, the more naseous I get. I really need to increase my intake but don't know how to do it without making myself feel or be ill.