Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Replies

• Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    I have been stopping and starting for a month now. Technically this is my third attempt at completing the program. I am finally consistently doing it and am on week 2. I have lost 4 lbs, I'm starting to see some definition in my calves, and my stomach is going down judging from how my shirts are now fitting. Can't wait to see myself once I have completed the month.I am not necessarily following the nutrition guide, just using it as a guideline. I do still have sweets, but I am trying to let them go and replace them with more fruit, yogurt, and things like that. Girl the best way to see how its going to work for you is to just dive in and commit. Push play and dig deep. Lol, don't be like me wishing you had committed and gotten the results sooner! Add me if you like. Good luck and I hope to be seeing your "afters" in the next couple of months!
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Bump.
  • Westly
    Westly Posts: 6
    Hey there folks! I've been thinking of giving insanity a try but I'm way overweight. Is that ok? Also do you work through being sore? How do you handle that? In employed right now so figuring its a good time to do this sort of thing! Any tips/advice is appreciated!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    My pics are on my profile.

I've done 4 days (not the diet plan) .... every workout is a killer - I love the countdown timer so I know how long I need to push myself for! Shaun Ts stretches for warm up and cool down are really good and he does both sides evenly (unlike Jillian Michaels who doesn't appear to be able to count!)

The ab exercises are really tough on my lower back so I have to modify some of the moves but, all in all, its great!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    I found that when I followed the meal plan (esp. the 5 small meal thing), I had better results. Purely anecdotal, but I'd recommend it. It is a lot of meal planning, be warned, but was worth it.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Hey there folks! I've been thinking of giving insanity a try but I'm way overweight. Is that ok? Also do you work through being sore? How do you handle that? In employed right now so figuring its a good time to do this sort of thing! Any tips/advice is appreciated!

I was 207 when I started, I'm 5'7". I have a full time job, 2 toddlers, I'm married and help take care of my sick mom. If I could find the time and energy to do it, anyone can! If you're feeling sore just get up and take a brisk walk around the block, that will get your blood flowing and your muscles primed. Insanity has an awesome warm up and stretches built into each workout, I didn't get very sore until month 2 then it lasted maybe 2 days, I just pushed through it.
    Here's the link to my Insanity pics.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1038467-i-completed-insanity
  • crypena
    crypena Posts: 1
    I just started the insanity work out. Im on day two. I been drinking lots of water and following the meals. Im a bit out of shape and havent been able to keep up with the Fit test time. I dont want to stop I really want to get in shape and lose some one the tummy.
  • ndmitchell88
    ndmitchell88 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! I am not a Lady....but I can offer some tips about the Insanity Workout program.
    Someone had commented that you burn about 2000 calories doing a insanity workout....this is about true....As a man I burn probably 1500-1800 calories per insanity workout...so for women its going to be a little less...like 1200-1400.....

I learned the hard way...that you can not eat whatever you want and expect results from Insanity...I actually finished the whole 60 workout calender for Insanity and only lost 10 POUNDS! But why is that ?!?!?!?!?! because I did not have a healthy DIET!!

YOU MUST DIET WITH INSANITY TO SEE RESULTS! AND besides, by month two...your body will feel soo sluggish at the end of every day because you did not fuel your body with the right results.

I encourage the use of myfitnesspal during the Insanity workout program because it requires you to be conscious about what you are eating.

I seen AWESOME results using BOB HARPER's book THE SKINNY RULES in collaboration with myfitnesspal and insanity.

THE SKINNY RULES requires you to apply lifestyle changes to live healthy.....I know the book is titled the skinny rules, but personally I think it is just a catchy title for marketing purposes....BOB HARPER doesn't want everyone walking around like twigs....but the rules are lifestyle applications!.

Lastly, I recommend that you review your habits...one of my bad habits was that during the times I was not working out doing insanity, I was on my couch WATCHING TV( OR REALITY TV NONSENSE). I cancelled my cable and only had internet, and I found myself, outdoors active more, going to bed at 10pm instead of midnight(by the way, lack of sleep is the number one factor for weight gain( we should be getting 8-10 hours of sleep daily).

AND DONT worry about keeping up with Shaun T and his crew of workout crazies!

I would get a little frustrated when I too a lot of breaks and they would keep going OR when their fit test results were better than mines!

I had to remind myself....THAT"S THEIR JOB!! Of course they are going to be at tip top shape in the video....they don't work 8 hours a day at a desk, their desk is the gym.

ONLY COMPETE AGAINST YOURSELF!

One pound a week will do it.....you may say that one pound a week is not enough, but think about it this way- in one year you will be 52 pound lighter! and it will be more apt to say off!

I will Pray for your success during your healthy lifestyle journey!!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member

I was 207 when I started, I'm 5'7". I have a full time job, 2 toddlers, I'm married and help take care of my sick mom. If I could find the time and energy to do it, anyone can! If you're feeling sore just get up and take a brisk walk around the block, that will get your blood flowing and your muscles primed. Insanity has an awesome warm up and stretches built into each workout, I didn't get very sore until month 2 then it lasted maybe 2 days, I just pushed through it.
    Here's the link to my Insanity pics.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1038467-i-completed-insanity

thank you for that I have been tossing around the idea of giving insanity a try but i wasn't sure I could hack it with my weight and three small ones but I think it is possible after reading your post! Thanks!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Hey! I am not a Lady....but I can offer some tips about the Insanity Workout program.
    Someone had commented that you burn about 2000 calories doing a insanity workout....this is about true....As a man I burn probably 1500-1800 calories per insanity workout...so for women its going to be a little less...like 1200-1400.....

I learned the hard way...that you can not eat whatever you want and expect results from Insanity...I actually finished the whole 60 workout calender for Insanity and only lost 10 POUNDS! But why is that ?!?!?!?!?! because I did not have a healthy DIET!!

YOU MUST DIET WITH INSANITY TO SEE RESULTS! AND besides, by month two...your body will feel soo sluggish at the end of every day because you did not fuel your body with the right results.

I encourage the use of myfitnesspal during the Insanity workout program because it requires you to be conscious about what you are eating.

I seen AWESOME results using BOB HARPER's book THE SKINNY RULES in collaboration with myfitnesspal and insanity.

THE SKINNY RULES requires you to apply lifestyle changes to live healthy.....I know the book is titled the skinny rules, but personally I think it is just a catchy title for marketing purposes....BOB HARPER doesn't want everyone walking around like twigs....but the rules are lifestyle applications!.

Lastly, I recommend that you review your habits...one of my bad habits was that during the times I was not working out doing insanity, I was on my couch WATCHING TV( OR REALITY TV NONSENSE). I cancelled my cable and only had internet, and I found myself, outdoors active more, going to bed at 10pm instead of midnight(by the way, lack of sleep is the number one factor for weight gain( we should be getting 8-10 hours of sleep daily).

AND DONT worry about keeping up with Shaun T and his crew of workout crazies!

I would get a little frustrated when I too a lot of breaks and they would keep going OR when their fit test results were better than mines!

I had to remind myself....THAT"S THEIR JOB!! Of course they are going to be at tip top shape in the video....they don't work 8 hours a day at a desk, their desk is the gym.

ONLY COMPETE AGAINST YOURSELF!

One pound a week will do it.....you may say that one pound a week is not enough, but think about it this way- in one year you will be 52 pound lighter! and it will be more apt to say off!

I will Pray for your success during your healthy lifestyle journey!!
    Thanks ^^
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    bump. on week 2 now.
  • Those are awesome results! Good job! My sister and i just started Insanity yesterday. Can't wait to see my results :P
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    You look great!
  • gferrar
    gferrar Posts: 2 Member

Just had to jump in here and say NOPE NOPE NO, NOPE.

This is giving people unrealistic expectations on how much they will burn per workout. This drastically overestimates the burn women (and men) will see.

THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW WHAT YOU WILL BURN IS TO GET A HEART MONITOR WITH A CHEST STRAP!!

I am a 5'4 woman at 155 pounds and I burn around 300 calories for month 1 workouts and around 450 for month 2.

You will not burn 1200 calories in a single insanity workout. Just want to make sure people aren't overcompensating with eating back exercise calories using this number! Just stick to the nutrition plan.

Hope this helps anyone who was unsure.
  • Taby69
    Taby69 Posts: 4
    I am in month 1 day 2 of insanity and the first day I burned 587 calories and day 2 (today) I burned 602 calories. I am not sure 1200 calories in an insanity workout is possible unless you never stop moving.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Even if you never stop moving, you won't burn anywhere near 1200 calories. 600 is stretching it (for me) even without stopping and maximum intensity/effort.

For anyone just starting - definitely take your measurements, don't worry about the scale so much. I lost only ~5 pounds, but I lost almost 2 inches on each my bust/waist/hips -- and I am SO MUCH STRONGER now. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • anphedre
    anphedre Posts: 1
    Bump.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Bump, I want to start Insanity soon.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Just started month 2 on Monday. It's killing me. This is my before and during (week 4) pictures. Sorry for the undies and my face/hair. My thighs and arms are much more muscley. My main sticking bit is my inner thighs, hips and abs. Still a lot of fat there. Hopefully month 2 will blast that off!

30ee60da-4819-4596-a17b-9b7098f1ecbe.jpg

Great results in only 4 weeks, you look great!!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    I have completed Insanity. I didn't lose as many pounds as I would have liked (only 7), HOWEVER I lost 14 inches all over!!! Totally worth it! And Sean T is nice to look at too! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!