Do you believe in ghosts?

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    No such thing as ghosts, or spirits, or zombies, the dead do not come back to life on any form. Once death occurs, kaput, you're dead.

what about clowns?

114293_o.gif

Pennywise, is that you?
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Nope....dont believe in ghosts... I think there is an explainable reason for noises and "happenings". I, personally, dont believe in unexplainable events
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Yes! Theres one two houses down from me. My sister lived there and saw him numerous times in the house. The spare room was always cold and when I stayed over one night, I heard footsteps and running back to the room! The doors all shook and the cupboards were all left open... :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member

I have to go buy that book now. I own The Amityville Horror book.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    No such thing as ghosts, or spirits, or zombies, the dead do not come back to life on any form. Once death occurs, kaput, you're dead.

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

― Albert Einstein

yep and the bodies energy decays. cellular processes stop, rot etc...it doest release a spirit/ghost.

ghosts are nothing more than natural phenomena, finding patterns(like seeing shapes in clouds), sleep paralysis...etc...and other things we probably just haven't thought of yet.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

― Albert Einstein

Dr. Reynolds asked Einstein if he believed in ghosts. Einstein confessed he had never seen one, and added, "When twelve other persons have witnessed the same phenomenon at the same time, then I might believe."

From: Charlie Chaplin, My Autobiography, Simon and Schuster: New York, NY (1964), page 321:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't believe in ghosts but if I was provided inescapable evidence then naturally I would.

For now I have my fingers crossed for zombies...
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member

― Albert Einstein

Dr. Reynolds asked Einstein if he believed in ghosts. Einstein confessed he had never seen one, and added, "When twelve other persons have witnessed the same phenomenon at the same time, then I might believe."

From: Charlie Chaplin, My Autobiography, Simon and Schuster: New York, NY (1964), page 321:

I lived in that house with 13 other people at one time. Doesn't that count as a baker's dozen? :smile:
  • Laces_0ut

― Albert Einstein

thats the thing if they really were common enough that a bunch of people on this site have "seen" them or their evidence then we would have scientific proof of them by now. we dont.
  • Laces_0ut
    long ago people thought comets were signs from the Gods. we know thats not the case anymore. anything that is unexplained now will someday be as simple as that.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member

― Albert Einstein

thats the thing if they really were common enough that a bunch of people on this site have "seen" them or their evidence then we would have scientific proof of them by now. we dont.

I've seen a large white rabbit riding a bike and people walking past my window on the 8th floor of my apartment. Needless to say, I don't 'believe' in either of those despite seeing them with my own eyes. There are always other facts at play. Seeing does not always equal believing.
  • With out a doubt

too much freaky (but good) **** started happening soon after my dads passing for me to write off as conincednece, missing him or wishful thinking

interesting things are still happening but not as often as before
  • SemperAnticus1643
    long ago people thought comets were signs from the Gods. we know thats not the case anymore. anything that is unexplained now will someday be as simple as that.

What about things like possession?
  • Laces_0ut
    I've seen a large white rabbit riding a bike and people walking past my window on the 8th floor of my apartment. Needless to say, I don't 'believe' in either of those despite seeing them with my own eyes. There are always other facts at play. Seeing does not always equal believing.

Arthur C Clarke hypothesized that some of these ghost images we see are actually a neurological event happening between our brain and optic never.

using Occam's razor what is more likely...its a neurolgical event or a ghost?
  • Laces_0ut

What about things like possession?

exactly...long ago people thought when someone was acting weird it was demonic possession..now we know its mental/psychaitric disorders that cause it.
  • marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member

― Albert Einstein

But if there's no life, there's no energy, so there can be no transference of energy.

And no, clowns don't apply either.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member

I want to read that book too.
  • SemperAnticus1643

I want to read that book too.

Another absolutely crazy book is called Someone Cry for the Children. IF you can find it, READ IT. That book is absolutely insane!! I had to read it during the daytime with my dad in the room. (I read it when I was about 14)
This discussion has been closed.