Do you believe in ghosts?

Replies

• marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    No such thing as ghosts, or spirits, or zombies, the dead do not come back to life on any form. Once death occurs, kaput, you're dead.

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

― Albert Einstein

But if there's no life, there's no energy, so there can be no transference of energy.

And no, clowns don't apply either.

That doesn't make any sense. Energy transfers. This is physical law.

Explain it then, cause right now you're not making any sense to me. If there is no life, there is no energy, so how can energy transfer if there was no energy to begin with. The only way that it makes sense to me is if through decomposition then bugs turn that into energy or the body becomes compost for vegetation.

Energy is transferred through decomposition, exactly. Your body has energy stored in it (your muscles, your fat, your everything that makes you alive.) When you die that energy does not leave the universe. It is transferred within the system through (if you are cremated) the fire or (if you are buried) decomposition.

Einstein was not saying that your soul comes back to haunt people. He was saying that if you throw a ball the kinetic energy does not disappear when it stops rolling, it is transferred to the grass, to the air, to the friction of gravity and is stored as potential energy.

Ok, I get that. She was trying to use Einstein to prove the existence of ghosts though, as if when you die your spirit transfers to a spooky state. Not possible, IMO.
  • SmithPia
    SmithPia Posts: 2
    Definitely, I've recently got in contact with http://www.spr.ac.uk/main/ (they do scientific experiments and famously did one in Norfolk that proved there is life after death and wrote a book on everything that happened) they're going to help me with strange things happening to me and photos I have! Add me if you want to know more or find me here:

www.twitter.com/SmithPia
    www.facebook.com/SmithPia

:smile:
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    I definitely do!
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    No such thing as ghosts, or spirits, or zombies, the dead do not come back to life on any form. Once death occurs, kaput, you're dead.

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.”

― Albert Einstein

But if there's no life, there's no energy, so there can be no transference of energy.

And no, clowns don't apply either.

That doesn't make any sense. Energy transfers. This is physical law.

Explain it then, cause right now you're not making any sense to me. If there is no life, there is no energy, so how can energy transfer if there was no energy to begin with. The only way that it makes sense to me is if through decomposition then bugs turn that into energy or the body becomes compost for vegetation.

The statement in bold is wrong. The universe had energy well before life formed. The total energy in the universe remains constant, but it changes forms, e.g. it goes to the ground & air as we decompose. Not "spirits".

[Edited to fix typo]
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    No. Because I'm not an imbecile.
  • I don't believe in ghosts but it is possible for the brain to scare itself. I was working at a local attraction and was coming up with "ghost stories" for a ghost walk we were organising. I was working in an old, grade 2 listed building which creaked and groaned in the wind or even change of temp. Often I would get there before everyone else so was all alone. When you are that immersed in ghost stories as I was and in that building, it was very easy to let your imagination run away with you. However, logically, no I don't believe in them. I also laugh over shows that go on about "orbs" and "beams of light" which can easily be explained away by camera dirt and fractions on dust etc.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    I believe in ghosts, spirits, demons and "aliens". being alive can't just end with death, where do we come from b4 life if there's no afterlife just for arguments sake.

I personally have witnessed ghost like apparations and definately have been more acute towards feeling energies beyond what we would normally percieve, never had one on a camera or any evidence to that fact that a spirit was present other then my own perceptions

Once when i was about 8yrs old i was on a YMCA camp in the hills and admittedly they told a ghost story about a cook that died on that property, late at night i was awaken by a moaning sound (very quiet tho) and there was a faint figure by the window.

another time a friend of the family had died in a car crash and a few days later i saw him in my bedroom all bloodied but that was just a glance b4 it vanished.

as for energies, i studied and was trained in the metaphysical arts like Reiki and seeing Aura's and while i was studying them i certainly witnessed alot of things that were really bizarre like definately saw Aura like almost clear halo's around people and objects and even an untrained unbeliever can feel heat and energy coming off living and non living objects thats a fact

Believer or not its upto you, but there are things beyond what we forget how to percieve when we age, stuff kids and animals can sense but as you age you become numb to it when "normal" life floods your senses with crap.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    I believe in ghosts, spirits, demons and "aliens". being alive can't just end with death, where do we come from b4 life if there's no afterlife just for arguments sake.

From nothing we came to nothing we go, from presence to silence we flow
  • Zomoniac
  • paulperryman
    I don't believe in ghosts but it is possible for the brain to scare itself. I was working at a local attraction and was coming up with "ghost stories" for a ghost walk we were organising. I was working in an old, grade 2 listed building which creaked and groaned in the wind or even change of temp. Often I would get there before everyone else so was all alone. When you are that immersed in ghost stories as I was and in that building, it was very easy to let your imagination run away with you. However, logically, no I don't believe in them. I also laugh over shows that go on about "orbs" and "beams of light" which can easily be explained away by camera dirt and fractions on dust etc.

totally agree about the shows on TV they are all completely fake thats a given as are most mystics, religious nuts.
    lately we have Ghost Hunters, Most Haunted, UFO Chasers/Hunters, Big Foot Chasers, TAPS, and everyone of them never shows a lick of evidence and off the record the cast members admit most of it is just staged for ratings purposes. But don't confuse that with what you percieve as logical and what is actually possible.

Life forming from nothing is not logical yet we all exist from an infitecimal undetectable point of existance and even science shows evidence of things that shouldn't be possible if it were a logical world..
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    I believe in ghosts. If a ghost was living in my house and as long as no physical harm...I think that would be cool. I would check on the history of that house and see how and why they are still there. I would be so fascinated by that!

After my Dad had passed. He would turn on the lights in the kitchen and turn my curling iron on. My cat and dog were not freaked out by him and his spirit as you would see in movies. I was so thankful that he was living with us and roaming around the house. lol.
  • paulperryman

and how did we come from nothing if there's nothing to come from?
  • Zomoniac
    where do we come from b4 life if there's no afterlife just for arguments sake.

A unicellular organism. Then time passes, and things happen, and stuff changes.
  • paulperryman
    I believe in ghosts. If a ghost was living in my house and as long as no physical harm...I think that would be cool. I would check on the history of that house and see how and why they are still there. I would be so fascinated by that!

After my Dad had passed. He would turn on the lights in the kitchen and turn my curling iron on. My cat and dog were not freaked out by him and his spirit as you would see in movies. I was so thankful that he was living with us and roaming around the house. lol.

thats funny my dog that passed away 2 years ago use to freak out for no reason, he'd stare at the doorway then panic and run down to the other end of the house and wouldn't come back down you'd have to physically drag him, and during that period i was getting goosebumps alot, since he passed away i don't sense anything anymore.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Sometimes I think theres nothing after dead. NOTHING. but then I hope its not. I dont know if I believe in ghosts or not.
    I grew up catholic and buddhistic. Buddhists do believe in afterlife and are supersticious.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    I believe, from personal experience. Once I saw one in an old pub that i worked in when I was 17, second time I was in Stockholm., by the old parliment house.
  • Zomoniac

and how did we come from nothing if there's nothing to come from?

You're asking some people on a fitness forum a question that the best minds in the world are currently digging up most of the underside of Switzerland and firing things into other things in machines the size of a village to try and find out the answer to?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    We are the ghosts . After all, what we "see" is just reflected light/(energy) interpreted by the brain. :laugh:
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Yep, I believe they exist. I'd like to pass your photo on to a local paranormal group and see what they have to say about it if you don't mind.
  • I have yet to see a shred of evidence that points to either a spiritual world or a god/goddess or an afterlife. I am open minded, just not willing to believe so readily that I will not look for a reasonable cause to the effect. *shrug* If someone can prove it to me and for me to see with my own eyes, I'm ready to agree with it as a fact. Until then, I remain highly sceptical.
This discussion has been closed.