What counts as water?

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I was just wondering if unsweet tea would count as water. I drink lots and lots of unsweet tea, no sugar, no sweetener, just tea. Could this count towards my daily water consumption or does the caffein throw it off? Please help.

Charlaine:flowerforyou:

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    I was just wondering if unsweet tea would count as water. I drink lots and lots of unsweet tea, no sugar, no sweetener, just tea. Could this count towards my daily water consumption or does the caffein throw it off? Please help.

Charlaine:flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    There are different takes on that. I do count tea as a water. But I do not count anything like coffee, soda, or juice as water. I rarely drink soda or juice or even milk so this is not a big issue for me on those. I do however enjoy tea.

:wink:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Well:
    The GOOD NEWS is that it counts as liquid. :happy: Which we all need to function.
    And caffeine is not BAD for you in small doses. In fact it CAN give you a boost of energy, increase your metabolism to burn a couple of extra calories, AND some studies suggest that it also helps your memory too.
    It is cleaner then coffee, but you are right about the caffeine.
    Some tea has as much or more caffeine in it then regular coffee.
    Green tea is better if you can get beyond the taste. :sick: I have YET to find a green tea that I like enough to drink.
    If you MUST have flavored water to drink your water, then up it with Lemon and get a
    boost of Vitamin C! :smile: Which we all need this time of year.:drinker:
    The problem here is that Caffeine has been studied enough to show that it is a chemical that turns off our hunger receptors. (The part of our brain that tells us that we are full or hungry and need to eat.)
    With those receptors turned off people eat more then they should because their brain is still saying that it is hungry. Which is why nutritionist are now saying that diet soda is just as bad for you as regular soda. You might not be taking in as many calories as the regular soda, However the caffeine and the fake sugar make you hungry. You could have just eaten a huge dinner and felt stuffed; drink a diet soda and a few minutes later feel hungry again.
    Plain water or water with lemon is great for a diet. Being that the brain can not tell if it is thirsty or hungry so both feel the same. If you are just thirsty and drink water, sometimes the hungry feeling goes away.
    To go along with the study that I am doing on Water temp and diets. I have found out a lot about this subject.
    I hope this helps.
    --Diann...