The awesomest thing your kid has ever said...

Replies

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    There are so many but I'll do the one from last night. I called home because I was working late, then had to go see a friend. I was about to hang up.. I said on speaker to the fam "ok i should probably so and let you guys get to eating dinner" My 7 year old son said quickly "no, I don't want the conversation to end"

;)
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    My daughter is 19 and there are 2 things that stick out in my mind.

A few weeks ago I told her to apply for a job at a camp, she gets the job (I had also recommended the college she goes to), so I say to her "you see, I know stuff and have good ideas sometimes" and she says "yes you do and its weird because you aren't supposed to"

The other one is at age 16 she walks into the room with a on her head, hanging down behind like a cape, and she "Rawr, I'm a dinosaur mommy". with the claws and everything. I laughed for like 20 minutes :)
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    My child was a freakishly early talker with an enormous vocabulary.

When he was three, I was teasing him about something and he said, "Mom, you're really irritating me right now."
    I replied, "I'm supposed to, I'm your mother."
    He cocked his head to one side, stared at me for a moment, and said, "No, that's just a misconception."

Did I mention that he was only THREE?!?!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Me: Jayden, why are our clothes off?

Jayden: Because i'm naked mom

Me: but why are you naked?

Jayden: Because I'm sexy and I know it......

Love the minds of 3 year olds.
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    The best had to be what my daughter said to me when she was 6 years old (she's 9 now). She said, "Mommy, remember when I was in your tummy" I said, "yes." She said, "Well, when I was waiting to be born, me and the other babies were up in Heaven looking down at all of the mommies and daddies. And when I saw you I just knew I wanted you to be my mom!" :) It still melts my heart thinking about it!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    My child was a freakishly early talker with an enormous vocabulary.

When he was three, I was teasing him about something and he said, "Mom, you're really irritating me right now."
    I replied, "I'm supposed to, I'm your mother."
    He cocked his head to one side, stared at me for a moment, and said, "No, that's just a misconception."

Did I mention that he was only THREE?!?!

EPIC!

when my oldest was 3, I asked him a question about dinosaurs... his reply "Well, I have a hypothesis......."
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    We have a 5 week old, and last night at bed my 7 year old told me, "good luck with the baby tonight, Mom"
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    I can't wait unitl I turn 21 so we (meaning she with both Mom and Dad) can hang out.- (13 year old girl)
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    I have two..........one day while having one of our talks about everything from passing gas to the world economy (he is ten) my son says "mom I am glad we are having this talk, dont tell dad but I think you are kinda the smarter one" to this day I laugh so hard I almost pee my pants just thinking about it

the second............
    fifty pounds lost and my son gives me a hug " he says mom I can wrap my arms around you now, didnt know your hugs could get better"

I love that kid.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    A three year old girl recently died in our city because the parents left her in the car during the hottest day of the Summer. My daughter (who is five) asks me "Why would they have a kid if they're not going to take care of it?".

She has way too much common sense for a five year old.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Funny-wise, my 4 year old daughter said (while walking in Walmart) - "Mommy. Everyone is smiling at me because I'm SOOOO cute!" Errr......yeah. Needless to say I've asked her daycare teachers and grandparents to let up on the "You're so cute!" comments! Time to bring that girl's feet back down to earth! LOL

Melt my heart-wise, same 4 year old "Mommy. We're best friends, right? And we'll always be best friends!". And my now 7-year old when kissing him goodnight about a year ago: "Mama...you're the best Mama in the world! And Daddy is the best Daddy!". Awww....just want to squish the stuffins out of them!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    BAH BAH BAH BAH
    ..... pretty cool for 8 months.
  • Shayleah05
    Shayleah05 Posts: 17 Member
    My daughter and I like to sneak up and "scare" each other and she tells me when i scare her "Mommy stop scaring me out of poop!"
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    "You make the BEST Shepard's Pie! It's so much better than the school's! Actually, EVERYTHING you make is good because you are MY Momma!" :heart:

He's 11.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member
    My son is 5, soon to be 6. Occasional he will use big words in his little squeaky voice. For example, driving through my dads neighborhood he saw a homeowner had cut out trees and bushes and had them piled on the side of the road. He looked at it and said,: "Is that absolutely necessary?" :laugh: He also calls my dad's neighborhood a condition, rather than addition.

He will from time to time tell me I look beautiful if I get dressed up for work or a night now as well. He is a sweetie and a mamas boy. :happy:

Funniest thing he ever said was, "Why do Chinese people speak Spanish?" It was out of the blue in a car ride home from a family trip. Gotta love curious little minds!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    I was trying to get my (almost) four year old dressed and she was not cooperating. When I asked her why she didn't want to get ready and go, she said "Because Yoga's waiting for me in the Degoba system!!" I may watch Star Wars too much.

That, or the time we were in Wal-Mart and a man told her she was pretty, so she says "Quit looking at me you dirty old man! Can I have a quarter?"
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    A few weeks ago we were at our neighborhood pool for a 8-12midnight pool party for members only. This is our first summer season here and we didn't know a lot of the regulars. As they lined the kids up to make ice cream cones I volunteered to help scoop and one of the other moms thanked me and told me they do water aerobics at the pool weekdays at 10am and asked if I would like to join them. I politley thanked her and before I get another word in my son laughs and said "water aerobics pfft my mom lifts weights" I then followed it up with well I work full time. The other mom then laughed and said "oh you have to work" :mad: then she said isn't your husband so and so, I said yes but I have my own career and my daughter says "I want to have a great job like my mom one day"
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    When my daughter was 5 we were living in Mississippi and I was still adjusting to the fact that no one drove anywhere near the speed limit. They always seemed to go 15 under or over. As I was driving down the interstate some driver zooms by and cuts over nearly causing an accident and I said, "do you know what we call those kind of drivers?" Her response: "Stupid flucking idiots." Love that kid.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    I told him to stop jumping on the couch and he said he couldn't because he had bouncelexia. One of many awesome things he's said... I try to write them all down :P
    Yes we try to write them all down as well, My son's name is Lance so we call them "Lancisms"

On Tuesday I had surgery on my shoulder, the anesthesiologist comes in and jokingly asks my son if he was gonna be driving me home from surgery, my son promptly responds, "no doc, I am drinking!" Me, the doc & my 18 year old daughter just busted out laughing..........he is always just so off the cuff with his humor and wit!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    BAH BAH BAH BAH
    ..... pretty cool for 8 months.

:heart: