New Doctor Announcement THIS SUNDAY!!!

Options

Replies

• loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I will lose so much respect for the show if 11 regenerates into a female 12.

I honestly do not think Time Lords gender changes with regenerations. A female would always regenerate as a female as a male would always regenerate as a male. The new incarnation could probably then be transgendered if s/he so chose. I still think when they regenerated again that s/he would be the original gender.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!!!!!!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options

I honestly do not think Time Lords gender changes with regenerations. A female would always regenerate as a female as a male would always regenerate as a male. The new incarnation could probably then be transgendered if s/he so chose. I still think when they regenerated again that s/he would be the original gender.

The episode that mentions that they can regenerate into other genders is The Doctors Wife :) And I think it would be FANTASTIC!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

The episode that mentions that they can regenerate into other genders is The Doctors Wife :) And I think it would be FANTASTIC!

I'm in the camp that wants the Doctor to stay male. It just won't seem right to me to have a female doctor. One daughter told the other daughter last night that she and I were calling dibs on the tv tomorrow morning for the announcement show. The other daughter is definitely *not* a fan, so stated she'd probably just stay in her room, after asking why we didn't just wait until the Christmas show to find out (which she asked because I'd made a comment that I kind of wished we wouldn't find out until the actual regeneration, but added that I knew, in this day and age that type of secrecy, is nigh impossible).

Still, I'm glad that they are simulcasting the announcement around the world. It's going to be one big international party. :)
  • thatgeekgirl
    Options
    So what does everyone think of our new Doctor? Peter Capaldi is 55 lol idk what to say Cx It's a big change ahaha
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    So what does everyone think of our new Doctor? Peter Capaldi is 55 lol idk what to say Cx It's a big change ahaha

I'm very excited, my husband and I both want him to be a bit darker. I'm sure he is going to be fantastic!
  • thatgeekgirl
    Options
    I definitely see the Doctor becoming darker and more depressed again like Eccleston/ no. 9 was. Losing Rose, Donna, and both of the Ponds...and Clara over and over again... :T Poor Doc.
  • seilidhe
    Options
    I definitely see the Doctor becoming darker and more depressed again like Eccleston/ no. 9 was. Losing Rose, Donna, and both of the Ponds...and Clara over and over again... :T Poor Doc.

I think so too... I also think that wherever Moffat is going with John Hurt's character is going to be quite dark as well. I don't see how it can be anything else. (But then, I've been known to be wrong a time or two).

If nothing else, I hope it's going to be interesting. And I'm looking forward to seeing how Peter Capaldi pulls it off.
  • seilidhe
    Options

Matt Smith was a big change because of how young he was. It will all work out. 55's not so old. (I might be a little prejudiced there since I'm within weeks of that number myself).

:D
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Matt Smith was a big change because of how young he was. It will all work out. 55's not so old. (I might be a little prejudiced there since I'm within weeks of that number myself).

:D

By the time he takes the reigns he will be 56. That will make him the oldest Doctor ever to start in the role. Which is so strange, because he easily looks 10 years younger than Hartnell or Pertwee did in their times.