Petite Women 4'10"-5'3"... what's your hip and waist size?

Replies

• jennorris1991
    jennorris1991 Posts: 61 Member
    Height: 5-3
    Weight: 117
    Waist: 25
    Hips: 37.5

I know it's a strange body build--it runs in my family. We all have "the donk". I've embraced it! I already look anorexic on my top so I do not plan to lose anymore weight. You cannot spot reduce so learn to live with your proportions. It's easy to accentuate the positive if you are at your ideal weight. Skirts that hit mid-thigh, tops that tie at the waist, etc; Tone and strengthen all you can and then just be happy with what God gave you.

I am there with you!
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    I am 5'3 and 128.4lbs currently.

Waist: 25"
    Hips: 37.5"

I am struggling to lose off my bum. But I am a true hourglass! Little waist but huge booty and big boobs.

We must be related!:smile:
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    5ft, 110-113lbs, Waist: 25 Hips: 36

Some people have mentioned doing ab workouts to lose the middle. This is absolutely false. Ab workouts make you gain muscles in your midsection so you might actually put on an inch or two (if you hardcore it). Overall fatloss is the only way to reduce your waist.

That being said, nothin' wrong with ab workouts, just don't do them to try to spot reduce :)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Hope to get down at wait 26!
  • Mitzigan94
    LET's DO THIS! :D
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    I'm 4'11, 101 pounds, hips: 33 in, waist 33 in. Not happy with that...and it's so hard to lose inches off my waist!
  • Bump
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I'm 5ft 2 1/4( very important that 1/4 LOL)
    I weigh currently 138lbs
    waist: 28" (I started off at 31")
    hips: 36.5" (I started off at 40")

Every pound you lose will reduce your size - although my waist seems stuck at 28 now!
    We can't spot reduce but working out/even lots of walking will reduce your size so don't despair and keep at it, you will get there :)

I am 7lbs from my goal and I'd really like my waist to be 26 and my hips to be 36 :-D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    How do we upload pictures? I'd love to find my stats match. I see some of you say it's pointless but I think it's quite interesting to see the difference in shapes even with the same measurements.it shows how different we all really are

Hi, there is a website where you can see different pics of people same weight and height as you for comparison, the name escapes me right now! doh! lol but I WILL find out what that is and get back to you :)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Hi, there is a website where you can see different pics of people same weight and height as you for comparison, the name escapes me right now! doh! lol but I WILL find out what that is and get back to you :)

I'm guessing you mean My Body Gallery http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    This is so interesting - so many different body shapes ! :smile:

5'0, 121lbs from 140

Bust - 36 down to 35
    Waist - 32 down to 27
    Hips - 40 down to 37

I gain and lose most of the weight on my waist & hips. 30 day shred and No More Trouble Zones have helped loads.
  • feathers20
    feathers20 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 5'0, 128 lbs from 133 (early days)

Waist - 27.5 inches
    Hips - 37 inches

definitely a pear shape! I always lose weight from my waist first! Damn my stubborn booty and thighs ha!
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    5'3"

Bust and hips are 35.5", waist is 28". Rectangle with really big shoulders!
  • n3verlettingmyselfgo
    n3verlettingmyselfgo Posts: 266 Member
    5'3"
    hips - 34
    waist - 28
  • LivingtheLeanDream

I'm guessing you mean My Body Gallery http://www.mybodygallery.com/

YES thats the one!! I was just about to post that on here :) thanks :-D
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    you measure waist at natural waistline (the thinnest part of your torso)

you measure hips at the widest part
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    5'2 24.5 inch waist, 38 inch hips.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Height: 5-3
    Weight: 117
    Waist: 25
    Hips: 37.5

I know it's a strange body build--it runs in my family. We all have "the donk". I've embraced it! I already look anorexic on my top so I do not plan to lose anymore weight. You cannot spot reduce so learn to live with your proportions. It's easy to accentuate the positive if you are at your ideal weight. Skirts that hit mid-thigh, tops that tie at the waist, etc; Tone and strengthen all you can and then just be happy with what God gave you.

the donk is my cross to bear also
  • Mitzigan94
    I am 4'10" and currently 159.6 lbs. I measured my waist and hips tonight and I feel like they're both abnormally huge. I think I measured right...

Waist: 40 inches
    Hips: 44 inches

Anyone have methods for reducing waist and hip sizes? I could use any suggestions!

indoor cycling and wall push up may help!

I personally do 10 minute indoor cycling hiit. 10 sec pedalling fast and 10 sec recovery.. SO yeah.. and for the wall push up, 15 reps for 3 sets.. 15 reps in the morning. 15 reps during noontime, and another 15 reps before u go to sleep
  • Mitzigan94
    I am 4'10" and currently 159.6 lbs. I measured my waist and hips tonight and I feel like they're both abnormally huge. I think I measured right...

Waist: 40 inches
    Hips: 44 inches

Anyone have methods for reducing waist and hip sizes? I could use any suggestions!

indoor cycling and wall push up may help!

I personally do 10 minute indoor cycling hiit. 10 sec pedalling fast and 10 sec recovery.. SO yeah.. and for the wall push up, 15 reps for 3 sets.. 15 reps in the morning. 15 reps during noontime, and another 15 reps before u go to sleep

ALmost forgot to tell you. Work more on ur upper body.. Arm workout on an exercise bike will do.. :)

U can do it! We all can do it!