I ran my first 5K!

Replies

• nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Great job!!! i loved reading your story... i just started C25K and am getting ready to run day 3!!! i have signed up for my first ever 5K on Oct 27!!! so inspiring great job!!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Congrats!
  • Self_Control_Freak
    Self_Control_Freak Posts: 20 Member
    I'm on week 6 of C25K, and I may be running as early as the first week of September. Congratulations on your victory!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Great Job! I am still debating if I want to run in public or not! I am super excited for you!
  • Great job!!! Your time is great for your first 5k :flowerforyou:
  • 65svtfastback
    65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
    Congrats!!! So much fun!!
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Fantastic work!!! So proud of you for running the whole time!
  • kw67
    kw67 Posts: 30
    Congrats! the C25K app is wonderful. It makes look at small goals instead of the overall goal
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    congrats! such a great feeling!
  • I was honestly very worried about how I would look but you know what? NO ONE looked twice at me. In fact the guy that won the race was one that cheered me on and talked to me after about how great I did with my first race. The camaraderie with those running really is amazing. No one left until the last runner was in
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Great job!! It does become addictive. I too ran my first 5K this year - 1 month before my 40th birthday. I am going to be running my 3rd next weekend, and my 4th the weekend after!

<=== This is my running partner. My 9 year son. :happy:
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Thank you for sharing. I am currently doing C25K and struggling but I'm signed up for the Color Run on September 7th and your story is wonderful motivation.
    Congratulations on the amazing job you've done!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Congratulations. That is wonderful. Watch out, the 5k bug is contagious. You'll love collecting your race bibs and t-shirts.

I am another graduate of C25k. I then went on to 5k to 10k. I am not quite at 10k yet. Once I can go the 6.2 miles comfortably, it will be on to 1/2 marathon training.

They are aweseome programs to slowly take a total non-runner safely through training.
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Awesome job. Running can be addictive. I started last year. After an injury, I stopped, but I have gotten back on the wagon again. The atmosphere at the races are addictive. I have run several and afterwards, I am looking for another one. I am trying a half in November! My first one didn't go so well, so hopefully this one will be awesome! Keep it going! Congratulations!!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    I am 48 by the way...it may take a little longer, but the journey is fine... I lost 67 lbs, but I have gained back 19! Thus the need/desire to get back out there! Keep it up!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Awesome, OP! I've got my first 5k scheduled in a little over a month. I haven't even finished c25k yet (2 more weeks).

Again, well done.
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Wow you are awesome great job way to go. Also thanks for posting pics it does inspire others.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    :bigsmile: Awesome isn't it? :bigsmile:

Great job!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Thanks everyone!

Jonna I did the C25K app. LOVED it. When I started I couldn't run a block but I did the 3 miles. That app is perfect as it builds you up slowly to run the 5K

Jonna, I just started this 2 weeks ago. I love it and the one I got was free. I am definitely not a runner, but I improved each time more than I thought I would have. It's an awesome app!!! I also couldn't run a block before. I'm only in week 2 of it, I had to stop for a few days my ankle got mad at me because evidently I wasn't wearing a good shoe. So I highly, highly suggest finding a running store in your area, go in, get fitted, let them see you run and suggest shoes. I bought mine and tried them out yesterday and I love them!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!