I ran my first 5K!

13»

Replies

• cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Congrats on your first race!! I, too, ran my very first 5k this past May (on Mother's Day -- my gift to ME!!), one week shy of my 45th birthday. Like you, I was very emotional, knowing that I had accomplished something HUGE for myself. My family & friends were there to cheer me on and it was truly a moment I will never forget. I've run 3 more since then, improving my time as I have lost more weight. Running is my new addiction since it's so motivating to keep beating your own best time!! Keep up the great work. I'm now working on my first 10k for the fall and then hopefully a half by next year!!
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Oh well done YOU!! Big grins here lol....I'm wanting to start the couch to 5k Just sorting out the app....I hope to do it with my 8yr old son :) You look absolutely Fabulous to :)
  • ICarla
    ICarla Posts: 200 Member
    Great Job Lady! Truly inspiring!
  • Thank you all so much for the encouraging words! It really does keep my going :happy:
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Awesome, OP! I've got my first 5k scheduled in a little over a month. I haven't even finished c25k yet (2 more weeks).

Again, well done.

My first 5k was one month into C25k training. I am doing that race again next month. I hope to finish in under 30 minutes.
  • great job, i will be doing a run or dye next month its a 5k and i am stoked even though i have not prepared myself at all.
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Congratulations! That first 5K race is such a personal milestone. Now you'll be hooked, and be on the look out for more runs.

I did the C25K program, and ran my first 5K race on July 4th, which was W9D3 of the program - perfect timing! I've done another 5K, and am now aiming for a 10K at the end of this month. Running is hard, but very rewarding!

PS: Did you say you're hoping to lose another 60 pounds? From your photo, you sure don't look like you have 60 spare pounds to shed.
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Amazing!!!! What a great accomplishment!!!!!
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    You look FABULOUS, what an inspiration! Congratulations on your weight loss AND your 5k success. I'm still at the beginning of my journey, but I aspire to jog an entire 5k next year. :)
  • Congratulations! That first 5K race is such a personal milestone. Now you'll be hooked, and be on the look out for more runs.

I did the C25K program, and ran my first 5K race on July 4th, which was W9D3 of the program - perfect timing! I've done another 5K, and am now aiming for a 10K at the end of this month. Running is hard, but very rewarding!

PS: Did you say you're hoping to lose another 60 pounds? From your photo, you sure don't look like you have 60 spare pounds to shed.

You know I've already signed up for a color run at the end of this month lol. I was always told once I started I would get addicted, I can see what everyone is talking about.

Congrats on running your first race as well! It took me awhile after I finished the C25K to actually run a 5K race, but SO glad I did it.

Yes I do need to lose another 60 pounds, but thank you for the compliment! I know where those pounds are and once they are gone I know this running is going to be so much easier :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!