*** August is now open ****

johng1973
johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
Hey everyone! Hope you had a great July --

Well, the new spreadsheet is ready!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqIHkM-Km5gZdFBJbk5POGhpc0gzVnc2WXNKMTdtRmc

I have brought over the members that participated in July and removed those that did not. Looks like we still have quite a bit of people that are keeping up with their weight. That is great news and i encourage you to keep it going in August. Personally for me July was a bad month, no worries, August is here and time for me to focus!!!

Even though I had a bad month, we collectively as a group have had another amazing month. The group lost 383 lbs. for an average of about 4 lbs. per person!! That beats the 3lbs. per person in June when we collectively lost 1,500 lbs. (albeit more people participated).

Also, this month’s big winners are vgreeve (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/vgreeve) for losing 16lbs!!!!

And paigebarocca (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/paigebarocca) for losing 7.5% of her bodyweight this month!!

Great job you two!!!

Want to see where you ranked - you can go here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqIHkM-Km5gZdElKWWFkMm91NlN1Uy1jMmpMTXRBbUE#gid=3

Two other people that I want to mention is ameh02 (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ameh02) for losing over 30 lbs. since we started this spreadsheet beginning in June!!! You are truly amazing and inspiration to us all!!!

Also, I want to say congrats to Nelsaphine (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nelsaphine) who recently reported that she is pregnant but will continue to participate in the challenge!!! That’s great news on both fronts! I encourage healthy weight gain and this group is is definitely a great support group!

So that’s it! Make sure to weigh in every Friday (or at least before the end of the weekend) and here’s to a successful August!! Cheers!!!!

Replies

• nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Thank you John :smile:

Congratulations to the big winners!!
  • ameh02
    ameh02 Posts: 7
    Thanks so much! I've been kinda stalled out but am still pushing through :happy:

Congrats nelsaphine!!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Thanks John for all your hard work.

And to the group thank for turning up, some days are better than other but we should just pick ourselves up and not give up. Every new day brings us to a better versions of ourselves.

Best of luck in August
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    I made the top 20 for percentage! Probably last time because I expect my loss to slow as I get closer to my goal and "normal BMI". I am just 6 pounds away from "normal" but what I'm really looking forward to is the scale dropping just a single pound. That will take me into the 150s where I haven't been for probably 7-8 years or more.
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks so much for all the time you put into this. I can't believe I was third in pounds lost and second in percentage. I am getting closer and closer to my goal each day and this wonderful group is helping to keep me accountable.

Good luck in August everybody!
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    I can't find my name on the % lost list. Oh well...
  • vgreeve
    vgreeve Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks all. I seem to have stall out now and my motivation has dipped. Hopefully I can keep making progress in August. If I stop checking in someone please yell at me!!
  • johng1973
    I can't find my name on the % lost list. Oh well...

There was something wrong with the spreadsheet. I reviewed and corrected! Congrats on a great weightloss!!
  • daisy79
    daisy79 Posts: 64 Member
    I updated my weight but the amount is not subtracting in columns P and R :indifferent:
  • johng1973
    I updated my weight but the amount is not subtracting in columns P and R :indifferent:

I corrected. You used a comma (",") instead of a point (".") so I think it error-ed out. Great job on the weight-loss this week!!!
  • daisy79

I corrected. You used a comma (",") instead of a point (".") so I think it error-ed out. Great job on the weight-loss this week!!!

Ooops! I have trouble viewing the screen sometimes. Early onset cataracts. (boo!)

Thanks for the help!
  • musicstar437
    musicstar437 Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks!!!! I made the top 4 in both categories and I owe it all to MyFitnessPal.com and you guys for your support! I still don't know what I did without this site before. I LOVE these spreadsheets. I love seeing the number come down and all the progress I made, especially the % of weight lost. It makes me smile every time!!! I think August is going to be my bad month. :( I have only lost .2 so far and I'm surprised I got that. I have been eating kind awful lately and I am making changes to it. Also, I know that AWFUL PLATEAU is coming soon and I don't wanna see it!!!!! I have NOT lost my motivation though!! Let's keep pressing on!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Cool! I made it in 12th place for pounds lost!

Congrats to everyone, let's keep it going this month!!! Here's hoping I can lose another 8 pounds by the time September 1st hits ^_^
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    July was not the best for me either. Vacation time is not a good time for losing weight! So glad the challenge is still going though! I'm ready to kick it into high gear for August!

Edit: Ooh. I made the top 50 for overall weight loss and #56 for overall percentage loss. I will accept that. Congrats to everyone!
  • daisy79
    2nd place in pounds and percentage loss! Yay! My original weight loss goal for this summer was to lose 24 lbs between June 1 and Sept 1. I've lost 17.2 so far (July was bad!!) but I think I can make it by 9/1.
  • megdeitz
    megdeitz Posts: 13 Member
    I think I was 67 for weight loss and 73 for percentage. Hoping to make it into the top 50 for August. Much more motivated to get back on track this month.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Can someone add my weight this week? 213.2 my internet is down and I can't access the spreadsheet from my phone. My connection is horrible! Thanks in advance!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Can someone add my weight this week? 213.2 my internet is down and I can't access the spreadsheet from my phone. My connection is horrible! Thanks in advance!

Ok your weight is added :smile: Good job this week!!
  • daisy79
    While you're at it, can you add mine too? I can't access google docs from work.
    :laugh:
    I'm at 201.6. Thanks!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member

Ok your weight is added :smile: Good job this week!!
    Thanks so much!