So, Who's in Maintenance?

Loving the new sections :heart:

Just wondering who else is in maintenance, or getting ready to start making the transition? How long have you been in maintenance for? How are you finding it?

I started transitioning this past spring and so far it's going ok-still trying to find my rhythm yet :)

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member

I started transitioning this past spring and so far it's going ok-still trying to find my rhythm yet :)

Don't do it Gollum. It's too easy and you'll probably get a strike........But Smeagul can't just not call it out, he set himself up for it he (or she) did
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    I just jumped to maintenance at the beginning of August so I'm not sure how it's going yet. I'm excited to finally be where I was striving to get to for the past 19 months though and I have no doubt that it's going to be just as challenging to figure out maintenance as it was to learn how to properly lose.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Me!!!
    Nice to see a forum for it.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member

Don't do it Gollum. It's too easy and you'll probably get a strike........But Smeagul can't just not call it out, he set himself up for it he did

Ok, what did I do lol. I read what I posted like 3 times and I'm not getting it?
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    I just jumped to maintenance at the beginning of August so I'm not sure how it's going yet. I'm excited to finally be where I was striving to get to for the past 19 months though and I have no doubt that it's going to be just as challenging to figure out maintenance as it was to learn how to properly lose.

Congrats on hitting goal! Yeah, maintenance definitely has its own challenges lol. I'm really excited to see this new section, hopefully we'll be able to help each other figure it out :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member

Don't do it Gollum. It's too easy and you'll probably get a strike........But Smeagul can't just not call it out, he set himself up for it he did

Ok, what did I do lol. I read what I posted like 3 times and I'm not getting it?

Its not funny if I tell you
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member

Its not funny if I tell you

I get it!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member

Congrats on hitting goal! Yeah, maintenance definitely has its own challenges lol. I'm really excited to see this new section, hopefully we'll be able to help each other figure it out :)

Thanks! It's definitely good to have others to help try to figure out this next step as I don't seem to have any friends there yet.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    It is nice to see this section. I guess I am in maintenance. I have reached my goal but will probably never feel like I am in maintenance. It will always be a battle.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    awesome new section!
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    I'm trying to maintain, seems harder then losing tbh, but I suppose even that fluctuated at the start before I got used to it, so 3 weeks in I'm still a total novice :smile:
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    I have been at maintenance for a little over a year now. I'm more lax in my logging but still weigh myself once a week to make sure I'm still on track. I'm working now on building muscle definition:)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Is this where we tell people "Yes. Eat the exercise calories." ?

Five years of more or less Maintenance for me. Always used MFP's numbers - ate the exercise cals, used a set 300 cals per hour of exercise as a default no matter what kind of exercise I was doing.

Set my goal to "Moderately Active" even though I'm sedentary. Worked these numbers out over a year of experimenting.

Winters I gain 5-7 pounds. Summers I lose it again.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new section! It is going to be a great help to those that find maintenance challenging. I truly believe that it is just as hard finding that right balance for maintenance as it is for weight loss.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    I just joined maintenance.
    Going to have to try and find my balance

I plan to weigh every day.
    I will continue to log as well

Any suggestions for a newbie
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Not sure if I am in maintenance BUT for every 15 lbs I lose, my trainer has me "maintain it for 2 week before I go back to losing weight. it is working very well--I am learning to keep it off and what makes it spike that way.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I will be switching back to maintenance for the third time on Saturday.
    Not because I gained but because I have adjusted my goal down a couple of times.

Think this is the weight I'm going to want to stay at for a long time.

Will still be tracking my food and doing a slow recomp - as one goal is completed a new one starts!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    This is a great section they added. I've been in maintenance for almost 4 months now. I weigh myself daily to keep myself in check. Working with adding more calories in daily (was at 1200 cals) and eating back some of my exercised burn calories to see how it goes. I can go up or down 1-2 pounds daily. At one point I was 124 but once I started eating around 1400-1500 cals a day and eating back some or all of my exercise calories (depended on the day) I went up to 130 but I also started a new workout routine also called Dynamic Training that is cardio and strength for 45-60 minutes with a training a group of 6 or less people and that might be why I went up in weight too. I am not freaking out that I went up cause I felt 124 might be too low for me although it is in my healthy BMI range for my height. I believe everyone has a set point weight that your body is happy with and I think mine is around 130-132 it seems.
    Good luck to all in maintence!
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Hoping to be in maintenance in a few weeks time, so will catch up with you guys then. In the meantime, best of luck :smile:
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    I consider myself in maintenance, but plan on losing a couple more pounds before I hit the suggested maintenance calorie "allowance". I have been this way for 2 months now.... slowly adding the calories back so my body can get used to the additional calories.... about 100 more a month. Going up another 100 tomorrow so I am excited! I have a few more step-ups to go before I am at the suggested amount. This is a great new addition!