Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Hey!
I'm interested in buying the Focus T25 dvd and I've done some research on Youtube but i can only seem to find coach/trainer reviews where the dvd is also being sold.

I like the idea of 25 mins - i currently do level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the morning before work so 25 mins works for me!

Has anyone on MFP done Focus T25 and what would your review be?

Thanks for any responses in advance!! xxx

Replies

• ghsamia
    ghsamia Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Lindsey.

I am currently on week 2 of the T25 workout, and I love it! The calorie burn is great, and the workout is nonstop until the end. I am a BB Coach; however, I always tell it like it is with the workouts. I've done Jillian's workouts too, and I loved those. I also ordered Spartacus, but I didn't think it was structured, so I returned it. Shaun T's workouts are by far the toughest BeachBody workouts...in my opinion. I love the time factor with T25. Have you done other BeachBody workouts? You can probably view some of the workouts on the internet somewhere. If you have any questions, I'll try and help you. Just keep pushing play, no matter which workout you choose. :smile:

Gina
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    I am currently doing the Focus T25 and I do like it. It's intense, and no I'm not a coach or anything. A friend of mine is and she wanted me to be in a group she was starting for this workout to help keep people accountable. I'm so accountable, i'm the only one who finally committed. I'm in pretty good shape, and was mostly doing it for a change. I'm dripping with sweat about half-way through. It's a really good burn. If you have heel spurs or p.f., it will be hard on the feet (my heel spurs act up some days, and other days they're fine), just a warning. I do this in conjunction with weight training (I use this as my cardio).
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    You wont find much success story anywhere since the program has been release late June. The only Success story you will find are the one from Beachbody with the Test group.
  • Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    thats probably why then!!!

thanks rolemodel69
  • Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    I am on week 3 day 4. I have lost 5 pounds so far. It is intense. I like it. I like dance videos better. I can't see any major results and I forgot to take my measurements but I sweat ALOT and burn alot. I am only doing the modified version right now till probably the end and will start over with the non modified ones, not sure yet, then go on to the other one. I like it, great for moms you don't have much time on their hands like me
  • mimibasma
    mimibasma Posts: 2 Member
    Am not a BB coach, but I'm a big fan of Insanity (did two rounds of it). I'm on week three of T25 and love it! You'll get an intense workout in 25mins (plus 3 mins for cool down/stretch). The program currently has two phases (alpha & Beta), so it does get more difficult as you progress into month two. There's also the third phase (Gamma, sold separately as an option as you advance). What I love about the program is 1. time flies 2. it kicks butt 3. the moves are relatively simple (at least so far), but combined in such a way that they BURN.4. Am dripping sweat within minutes of the workout.
    Essentially, you do ~28mins 4x/week, you double up on day 5 (so almost an hour total), then do a pure stretching video on day 6 (25 mins), then rest on day 7.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    I ordered it as soon as it was released and am just finishing week 2. I just did Chalean Extreme which was mainly lifting with 2 cardio a week. T25 is mostly cardio 5 days a week, and like others said, I'm dripping sweat 10 minutes in. I burn between 200-250 calories in the 30 minutes total (with warm up/cool down). That's a great burn! I also decided to focus on upping my protein to 30 percent and I've lost 4-5 pounds in 2 weeks which is crazy for me because I'm a VERY slow loser.

Give it a try. 25 minutes 5x a week. Very nice!
  • I just parsed through week 1 (as a brand noob) and it was much easier than I had anticipated.

Yes it IS hard work, but Shaun is a pretty decent motivator in the videos. Im interested to see how much LESS of the modifiers I will be using as the weeks progress.

So far I like it.
  • This I can tell you from Insanity experience. 25 straight min. is a hell of a long time. I hope you take the challenge. When i master Insanity I will surely move up to T25. Good luck and be safe
  • bannwilliams
    bannwilliams Posts: 1 Member
    I'm madly in love with Focus T25! Do t hesitate..get it! After week 2 I've lost 5.5 inches overall and two inches off each thigh! I'm in pretty good shape (was doing asylum and insanity hybrid before I started it). I've been adding in some p90x and other resistance workouts to help burn more also. Get it!! I
  • Slpst46
    Slpst46 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not a BB coach- T25 is my first BB workout video. I Previoulsy I've done only JM videos - I did 30 day shred x 2 and Ripped in 30 (got to level 3).

With that said, I'm on Week 4 of T25. I find is very challenging. It's pretty much 25 minutes straight of cardio. I am literally dripping sweat throughout (I have never sweat like this before)! and I still follow the modifer about 25% of the time. It's been challenging, but I think effective (I haven't done any progress measurements but did lose 3 lbs in the first 3 weeks - which is very good for me). I was sore for the first few days only.

It is 25 mins a day for 4 days then double up on day 5 -you have 2 days of rest/stretching. I do 25 minutes 6x/week instead- I don't know that I've got the stamina for 50 mins of this. I still haven't tried the stretching video...

I appreciate the short duration - 25 mins is doable. I also like that the program rotates between 6 different programs (unlike JM, where you do the smae thing for 5-7 days straight). Unlike the majority of people, I'm not in love with this program in the least. I hate doing it everyday, but continue because I do think it's effective. It was VERY frustrating to me in the beginning because I was so unfamilair with Shaun T's moves (very small carry over from JM) and the pace was way too fast. Shaun T is a good instructor and motivator - he does stress go at your own pace, use the modifier, focus on form, etc. However, I found myself pausing and hitting play while I tried to figure out what they heck they were doing for the first week.

I did appreciate the structure of JM (3-2-1); it was a much slower pace, but I really did build some arm/back muscles. However, it did NOTHING for my trouble zones (belly/hips/thighs), so I'm hoping this will help me shed from those areas.

So, with that said, it's definately effective, time limited. However, it is costly and super challenging.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Hey!
    I'm interested in buying the Focus T25 dvd and I've done some research on Youtube but i can only seem to find coach/trainer reviews where the dvd is also being sold.

I like the idea of 25 mins - i currently do level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the morning before work so 25 mins works for me!

Has anyone on MFP done Focus T25 and what would your review be?

Thanks for any responses in advance!! xxx

I am on week 2 day 2; I lost a couple inches already; that is how intense it is for me. I am guessing I 'shocked' my body a little bit. Love that it's only 25 minutes. I sweat alot after each workout; some moves are challenging for me, so I just follow the modifier. So far, so good. I am toying with getting Gamma, but will wait till I finish this program first!!!!!:)
  • Generally I'm not a huge fan of Shaun T's workouts. I ended up injured or too sore to perform the next days workout each time with Insanity. However, T25 has been wonderful so far! I'm still in the first week, but the workouts are easy to follow, and very repetitive once you get the moves down. The pace isn't too fast, I'm generally able to keep up with everyone in the video, and there is a modifier present for all the moves if you have to step down a level. I generally am drenched in sweat after the 25 minutes. Yesterday I felt really good after the workout and continued with another 30 minutes of an aerobics class at my gym since I had leftover energy. I haven't seen any major weight or measurement change yet, but a week in, I'm not expecting many changes yet. I can feel my legs and abs are working and are a little sore, but nothing extreme. I'm excited to see what's in store for the rest of the workouts this week.
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    I'm on week 2/ day 3 and so far, haven't lost any weight. I will take my measurements this Saturday. But the calorie burn is awesome. MY HRM show about 290 to 300 fcalories burned for the 25 minutes and that's with me doing the modified version. I've not done Sahun T workouts before but I like the fast pase and he is motivational.
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    I've only done two days but so far I really like it. It is hard and intense but it goes by really fast and the moves are not too complicated. I love that each day will be something different so I won't get bored.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    I absolutely love it. Beginning week three and already lost 2 lbs, 2 inches off waist, 1 inch off hips. You really have to watch your food because the calorie burns aren't as high as insanity. But I found insanity really repetitive, with T25 every DVD is truly different, and you sweat like a maniac!
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    I absolutely love it. Beginning week three and already lost 2 lbs, 2 inches off waist, 1 inch off hips. You really have to watch your food because the calorie burns aren't as high as insanity. But I found insanity really repetitive, with T25 every DVD is truly different, and you sweat like a maniac!
    I've been seeing alot of hype about Insanity and I was curious about getting it, but......I will finish T25 first and maybe add Gamma to it. I figure, if we have T25 and the results are supposed to be good, why spend more money on Insanity. You mentioned Insanity is repetitive; do you mean you are doing the same moves each day/are they 1 hour dvds?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    The workouts in the T25 base kit basically take the formula Shaun T originally developed for the Rockin' Body DVD series and adapt it to boot camp style exercises rather than dance moves. So basically it's a boot camp version of Rockin' Body. The optional Gamma kit includes bonus strength workouts.

TBH the strength workouts are rather poorly designed and you would be better off taking the base kit and using it as a cardio supplement to a basic strength training regimen. Of course, simply grabbing a jump rope and doing that 4-5 days a week instead will get you the same results if not better.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    I am on Day 3 of Week 1. I am having to do follow some of the modifier...I have to watch the knees when I do cardio. I am also lifting 3xs a week...
    I do love the fact that it is only 25 minutes. So far, I have burned 212 cal and 230 cals...so we will see what happens tonight! LOL
  • nippy70
    nippy70 Posts: 2 Member
    Can anyone help me. I'm on day 5 week 3. I've put weight on.. I'm sticking to the diet writing everything down. Workouts are 100% effort had to follow the modifier but now I don't. I'm gutted I've put on. I'm 189 lb so not slim what the hell is wrong