So, Who's in Maintenance?

Replies

• ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Me! I just hit my goal weight last week and am slowly increasing my calories until I get to maintenance. Feel free to add me as a buddy, I'd love some friends who are in the same shoes as me!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    I started eating at maintenance in late May. I still had about 5 pounds to lose, but I decided to maintain over the summer and take a break. I did really well until mid July. I have now gained about 5 pounds, so will be going back to eating at a deficit once school starts again next week (I teach). I guess you could say I failed at maintenance. But I know what mistakes I made, so I know I can turn this around.

Good luck to all. I will be checking out this forum often.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    I started eating at maintenance in late May. I still had about 5 pounds to lose, but I decided to maintain over the summer and take a break. I did really well until mid July. I have now gained about 5 pounds, so will be going back to eating at a deficit once school starts again next week (I teach). I guess you could say I failed at maintenance. But I know what mistakes I made, so I know I can turn this around.

Good luck to all. I will be checking out this forum often.

The important thing is you caught yourself before it got out of hand, and are getting back at it!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Me! Pretty much anyway. As long as I keep under 130 I'm happy, but I really would love to see a bit more of a drop in body fat. My goal is set to maintenance level. Some days I'm under, others I'm over.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Wow, how awesome! I love this new section.

I hit my goal weight in September of 2012, so I've been maintaining within a 5-6 pound range (right where I want to be) for almost a year.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    love it!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    What are this?!

There has been a maintenance group for quite a while too:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50201-maintaining-weight

I've been maintaining since November 2011.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Pretty much, and for about 2 years now. I'm currently at the higher end of my acceptable range and looking to drop a couple pounds, but my clothes still fit, so that's something. :laugh:
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Been in maintenance for about half a year now. Lovin it!
  • sara_jean_15
    sara_jean_15 Posts: 25 Member
    I consider myself in maintenance, but plan on losing a couple more pounds before I hit the suggested maintenance calorie "allowance". I have been this way for 2 months now.... slowly adding the calories back so my body can get used to the additional calories.... about 100 more a month. Going up another 100 tomorrow so I am excited! I have a few more step-ups to go before I am at the suggested amount. This is a great new addition!

Great idea on increasing calories slowly. I think I may have to do that too! I have four more pounds to lose before I am in maintenance!! Yay! Getting some really good ideas on this new board/topic.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Took almost a year to lose 60 pounds and have maintained for a year now. Working on definition and being more athletic.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Been in maintenance since Christmas Eve 2012, same weight as I was and bf down so yeah going ok
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    My car is in maintenance.

car-maintenance-tips.jpg

I haven't really lost any weight since last August. Is that maintenance or a plateau?
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Me!

I'm still logging my exercise and most of my foods, just to keep myself in check. My goal now is to push myself harder and to work on becoming stronger.
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    I've basically been maintaining for several months now. I would like to lose another 2 pounds., but my body seems to like the weight I am now, so I am not really trying very hard to lose at this point. My weight fluctuates several pounds either up or down on a daily basis, so I watch the weekly average more. Most of the time I eat more calories than I was when I was losing slowly, and I try to keep up my daily exercise (minus the hiking I used to do) even though I am still trying to recover from a hip injury in May.

Good luck to everyone on the journey to maintenance!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    I am not at my final goal but I switched to maintenance at the end of May because my life has been in a complete whirlwind and with all the added stress lately I didn't want the stress of struggling to lose more weight on top of everything else. I have done pretty well, even lost a couple of pounds without trying, have maintained my exercise despite no longer having access to a gym or my bike, started a C25K program in order to get some cardio in addition to an at home workout program I do for strength training. I think when I a ready to switched back to weight loss mode I will be well-prepared! Maintenance is a healthy lifestyle and I feel good doing it.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Sort of ... a couple of years after reaching goal the weight is creeping up a little so I set myself a mini weight loss target. However I'm also pretty happy with where I'm at.

So although I have a deficit built in right now, I am really just looking to trim down a little.

A few weeks from now, assuming I stay on track, I'll switch back to maintenance calories.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    I've been in maintenance for about 5 months. I'm still logging but switched my focus to strength training.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    I am pretty much in maintanence now. I have a few more I want to lose, but I am happy where I am. So I am eating at maintanence some days and letting these last few pounds come off slowly. I am more focused on inches right now.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Awesome, gonna love this new section!

I've been in maintenance almost three months -- started eating at maintenance before a surgery and have stayed there since. Am at goal weight (+/- 1-2 pounds depending on time of day), but logging food and working out as before and trying my hand at slow recomping. In the past month, according to Trendweight and Aria, I've gained 2.2 pounds LBM and lost 1.8 pounds of fat. I'm ok with how my clothes fit now, but I want to keep gaining in strength and endurance.

I've lost weight before, but let it creep back on over time. This time it's a lifestyle change; I haven't been this active since my early college days and I want to keep it up because it feels so much better. I'm still figuring maintenance out and trying to strike a balance that is neither backsliding nor obsessing over daily fluctuations. Mentally, it's tough!

I didn't get into the social aspects of this site while I was losing. I have few friends, most of whom are trying to net below their 1,200 calorie diets. I like them and cheer them on, but will enjoy hanging out here with other maintainers. :smile: