Fitness Quest: What are you most proud of on your journey?

Accomplishments, personal records, and goal achievements, no matter how large or small, have always kept me moving forward, especially when frustration makes me want to retreat . i am proud of having reached the 3000 mile mark one calendar year after I made the commitment to walking a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. What are you most proud of?

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    It doesn't involve a certain amount of weight lifted or length ran or any kind of accomplishment like that, but my proudest moment was when I began to truly enjoy exercise rather than just see it as a method to lose weight.

I went from hating exercise to loving it; now I can't get enough.
  • ItsAKindofMagic
    ItsAKindofMagic Posts: 15 Member
    I love it! Thank you for responding!
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Finding a habit that has become a natural way of life - even when life takes me off course every now and then, my default setting is to be healthier.

And running. I couldn't run. My knees were crackly (still are), couldn't run, but I took it up last October with the couch to 5k app, and haven't looked back. Ran my first official 10k a couple of weeks ago, but not stopping there. It's nice being able to motivate people with that, because I'm still technically obese, but I can run 10k. If I can do it, so can anyone who puts their mind to it. Can't run? Neither could I!
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Bump!
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    bump!