Wow! A gaining section of the forum!

I haven't been as active on this site since i stopped cutting and started putting on weight. Looking to build muscle mass. We bulkin' over here!!!

Just a random post!

Replies

• Roughy92
    Roughy92 Posts: 12 Member
    Fo sho brah! Never been active on these forums until this section came up. Bulk ooooonnnnn!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    I just saw this section of the forums, it is a superb addition!!!

I am not gaining weight, nor do I want to gain weight, but there are many people on MFP who DO want to do so and this section of the forums is excellent!

Great move by MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • adambannon
    adambannon Posts: 52 Member
    Wow they finally introduced a weight gaining section! Awesome about time!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Hell yeah! One of these days they'll update tickers for bulking
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Hell yeah! One of these days they'll update tickers for bulking

You should post that suggestion in the suggestion forum, it is a great idea!
  • stuffyknee
    stuffyknee Posts: 13 Member
    It makes me crazy when my nutrition has a big red negative for fiber and goes red if i go over my calorie goal! I’m trying to gain!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    is there no way to set your goals so this does not happen? - if you have it set to 'gain x amount per week'?

or perhaps just change your perception - see red as good instead of bad.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    stuffyknee wrote: »
    It makes me crazy when my nutrition has a big red negative for fiber and goes red if i go over my calorie goal! I’m trying to gain!

I think of green as, "not there yet keep going" and red as "you hit your goal you are on fire you can stop if you want to". But ya you can manually set your calorie goal as well as your macros and fiber, sugar etc to suit your intake a bit better if it bothers you.

Also wow this thread is old, glad they put this section here :)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

Does fiber help you in gaining weight? I would have thought it'd fill you/make it harder to eat and then lose weight (if anything). Sort of like an appetite suppressant, no? Not to mention the other effects of fiber in the diet...

No but eating excess calories do
  • jessef593
    jessef593 wrote: »

Does fiber help you in gaining weight? I would have thought it'd fill you/make it harder to eat and then lose weight (if anything). Sort of like an appetite suppressant, no? Not to mention the other effects of fiber in the diet...

I'm really curious as to why this comment received a 'disagree'.

I get a lot of them. I called someone out for going against body positivity. Since then theyve been racking up. I also dont sugar coat my answers. We are all adults🤷‍♂️
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

I get a lot of them. I called someone out for going against body positivity. Since then theyve been racking up. I also dont sugar coat my answers. We are all adults🤷‍♂️

You must have a few "fans". I have them too, that's when you know you've made it (or something?) ;)
  • jessef593
    sardelsa wrote: »

You must have a few "fans". I have them too, that's when you know you've made it (or something?) ;)

Exactly!

I love how you got a disagree for that🤣. Shame on us for talking to adults like adults.

Yeah my loyal groupies follow me from thread to thread. I'm surprised they haven't started charging me rent for the space I'm taking up in their heads😜.

Keep up the good work Haha
  • 4000+ quality calories daily, and packing on the weight...in muscle.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Not bulking currently but my heart is with you. Pour some whey out for the homies cutting
  • Not bulking currently but my heart is with you. Pour some whey out for the homies cutting

I feel your pain, I’ll be on the cut come January
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member

No because you don't absorb fiber. You absorb the nutrients that come along with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • arirose1117
    arirose1117 Posts: 4 Member
    Yes, I'm so happy about this. I've been looking for an efficient way to gain weight, and now I can connect with people who are doing the same! I haven't met many people in real life who want to gain weight. I'm also a woman, and it is even less common with women. I'm really lean due to a clean diet, but I would like to gain weight and build muscle as well.