Looking for friends to join my support team

Options
dga226
dga226 Posts: 224 Member
I have been on this journey for some time. I have lost over 40 lbs so far and have had ups and downs on the way like I know many of you have. I am looking for support and people that will give me and others words of wisdom and encougement on here and if you have face book we can be friends there to.

Every time i say i lost some weight my family is like where. Then when it comes to my sister when she loses there like look she is walking not drinking soda does not speed through her meals like i do. I am just fed up with it all. I started this long journey for me and my family I want to see my son grow up he is only 6 and is the world to me. They don't just say that about my weight they also seems like i could parent a little more.

I started wearing a 52 waist pants now i am down to a 46 that is not a lot but its a start I want to get down to a weight about 225 or around there.

I just need postive reinfourcement about my weight lost

just send me a request and a little message so i know who u are

thanks again

and if you have young kids thats a plus

Replies

• meljacoby1
    meljacoby1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Mel and I am a mother of 2 girls - 8 & 5. I have struggled with weight and body image issues all of my life. You have had great results so far - keep up the effort. Essentially you are on this journey for you, although I do know that the approval and support of your closest love ones is a bonus. My closest are my biggest critics, which is not always helpful. Good luck on your journey!
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you'd like... i've been doing MFP for 15 days and have lost almost 11 lbs so far :) i also need as much support as i can get!!
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hey im holly..congrats on going down in pants size...things will get better..friend request sent..
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Focus on how well your doing and ignore their comments! Feel free to add me that applies to anyone :-)
  • whisperer02
    Options
    Add me if you like. I have been on this yo-yo diet thing since my daughter was born and that was over 31 years ago. I am finally getting it right this time and learning more as I go. I will share what I have. Stay strong. Oh, and I have had to go through the negative family thing too.
  • michelleanne44a
    michelleanne44a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really want to succeed this time but i will need as much encouragement as possible, I am going on holiday in December and want to lose at least 14 lbs by then
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I really want to succeed this time but i will need as much encouragement as possible, I am going on holiday in December and want to lose at least 14 lbs by then

You can do it :-)
  • carolinecarpenter
    carolinecarpenter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am new here and currently friendless :flowerforyou: I am eagerly awaiting to see if I have lost any weight in my first week. Sounds like you are doing really well, congratulations to you. Remember people who see you everyday may not notice your gradual weight loss so don't be too hard on them.
  • closecrew
    Options
    Hello

My name is Tiffany. I am 25. I have three kids. I have a daughter who is 6, a son who is 4, and a daughter who is 3. I feel like there is a lot of pressure to be skinny from my family because I was very skinny before I had kids, and after I had my first child. After my second child. I held onto the weight and have just kept adding to it. I really want to get down to a size that I feel good at.

This has been a very emotional situation for me. I have been heavy for almost five years from now, and it is taking a toll on my self confidence, and also I think it is effecting how I parent. My kids have things they do at school and I am so ashamed of my weight I do not want to volunteer for it because kids are so cruel and my daughter has already been picked on because her mom is fat. This is devastating to me. I feel lie I am hurting my kids with something I can change. I am trying to lose 65 pounds. I have lost 19 pounds, and need help to stay motivated.

I also feel like my husband should be able to show me off like he could when we first got married. I hate to go into public, and I really hate to shop. I always end up crying and leaving the store because I am so discouraged by my weight and how I look in cloths.

I could use some fiends to help me stay focused and encourage me, and to help me with my crazy emotions through all of this.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since April 2013. I lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks, but I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds since June. I know that I have gained muscle because I check my BFP and BMI. I broke below 180lbs for the first time in 4 years, but I am back over 180 and lingering between 180 and 185. I didn't lose a single pound until I started to exercise. I know if I am consistenly exercising I'll reach my goal. I am working towards being consistent.
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jan and have two daughters aged 12 and 9. Anyone who wants support and motivation, please feel free to add me. Good luck on your journeys!! ????
  • Mommy2Aydon
    Mommy2Aydon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No clue how to add friends so feel free to add me. I need to lose 90 pounds by Dec 25th. So far I'm down 23. Long way to go but super motivated
  • abbie4212
    abbie4212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a mom of a 10 month old trying to lose a sizeable amount of weight to show her how to have a healthy and happy life :)