SERIOUS MFP members PLEASE READ

TIUkansasCourt
TIUkansasCourt Posts: 18 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello all! My name is Courtney. I am 19 and about to start my second year of college. I am 5'1 and currently 150.4 pounds.

I have a 30-35 pound weight loss goal. I am looking for serious friends to help get some motivation and also help motivate others. Please feel free to add me! If we are around the same age, great. If we are not, even better :) I love being able to see the lifestyle changes of people over my age and/or have a larger weight loss goal than I do. It really makes me think wow, if someone lost 100+ pounds then why can't I get off my *kitten* and go lose 30?! LOL.

Also I am very chatty and post/comment a lot. So if this doesn't bother you, I hope to see you on the friends side of things soon :)

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Hey! I'm 20 and I'll be a junior in College. I'm 5'7" and weigh about 204 pounds right now. I'm looking to lose 25-30 more pounds and then see how much more I want to lose from there.

I'm currently doing C25K and have started doing a strength routine. Good luck with your journey! Feel free to look at my diary :)
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    I am sending a request now :) Make all the comments you want, because I will respond.
  • Hey! I'm 21 and just had a baby. I also weigh 150 but I am 5'3... So far I've lost 45 pounds. I'm trying desperately to get in shape and lose weight. It's hard but well worth it! I just wish I wasn't restricted by my doc so much while I was pregnant. Lol...what sort of diet are you on? I am on a mostly pescetarianism diet. Which means I only eat seafood for meat. Not for any other reason aside from it makes me feel healthier and I feel like I have more energy from it. Occasionally I'll have something else but I try to stick with seafood. :)
  • 21 years old & want to lose about 30 pounds :)
    Friend request sent!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Define serious.
  • mtnbiker62
    mtnbiker62 Posts: 33 Member
    I seldom, if ever laugh. That makes me a serious member, right? :P
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Define serious.

internet_serious_business2.gif
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Define serious.

This.
  • saltycloud
    saltycloud Posts: 30 Member
    Well I normally log everyday but I don't own a smartphone so when I'm not at home I can't use MFP (which happens on many weekends). I don't cut out any food but I don't eat as much as I used to. I lost 15lbs since april (with vacations during that time!) and would love to lose another 15. So I don't have very much to lose but still...
    I'm 5'7'', 21y and live in Germany :)
  • laurentraceywilson
    laurentraceywilson Posts: 10 Member
    I love having a full newsfeed and having a wee nosy at other peoples lifestyles :)
    im 20 an going into my 3rd year :) i shall send u a wee request x
  • kasimarie29
    kasimarie29 Posts: 128 Member
    I sent you a request :) I am making a serious attempt at losing 100 lbs! and I'm 19 as well :)
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    feel free to add me.....I will tell you about my journey.....i'm 43 by the way....:)
  • Hi Im 31, I"ve lost 88 pounds and have 17 pounds to go. I live in Australia and I log onto MFP everyday, even if it's not so good :sad: Feel free to add me if you like :glasses:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Well if you want to see lifestyle changes of someone older than you, send me a request. Because I am triple your age. I'm here every day and I'm very serious about the journey I and others are on. Even if I'm not serious about myself. I have friends from your age to much older than me, friends on 3 continents, 6 or 7 countries (at least). And I love supporting all of them. I'm not afraid to speak my mind when something I see is troublesome, but mostly it's encouragement all the way. And I'm definitely a different lifestyle here as a gay man. So if you're interested, send me a request.
  • hmm.. maybe i can help? im 28 so over your age.. and i've lost 140lbs already... i have about 60lb to reach my ULTIMATE ULTIMATE goal and maintenance weight.. where i will still continue to login and log my calories..

so i will be here.. if you want to be my friend i would totally love to watch you on your journey as well.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Wishing you luck x
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Hi...

At 45, I'm more than 2x your age....BUT, I'm also 5'1" (well, just under). I gained weight towards the end of college and got up to 154 at one point. I lost it over time...I have been in the 105-115 range for most of the time since college. I had just gotten really out of shape. So I started on here in March. I'm now just below 100 lbs and trying to find a way to put on a bit and then maintain.

It's great to have other friends the same height b/c the BMRs are closer!

Feel free to friend me if I'm not too old for you! :)
  • ktjo1985
    ktjo1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Well, I'm 28 so I guess I'm a little over your age. I'm aiming to lose about 60lbs and just started so I'll be on here daily. Maybe we can help each other out! Friend request sent..
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    ppl that aren't your age are a great tool because we are some what wise and have been there done that sorta thing.

:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.