Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Replies

• sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    I completed Insanity before I purchased Focus T25. I am finishing my 2nd week of T25 today. So far, Insanity is more difficult (especially the 2nd month), but I push myself to the limit on T25 and am seeing great results. The 1st month of Insanity, each workout averages about 40 minutes. The 2nd month is basically an hour. So far, I have lost 35lbs. It works, but you really have to push yourself as with ANY workout. No....I am not a coach. I know a couple, but am not interested in becoming one. I just enjoy the workouts. Rock on!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    I'm finishing up week 4 today and I really like it a lot.
    It is very fast and fairly intense. I'm another one of the Jillian Micheals fans for her short, yet fairly intense little workouts but I can't stand doing the same damn thing every day for like a week which is why I decided to try T25.

I feel challenged, very much so. My legs are sore a lot of the time these days, my endurance and stamina are improving quite a bit. I find the workouts are short enough that I get them knocked off before noon (which is actually super awesome for me) and I find time to do a little something else on a lot of days too.

I'm not a coach, nor do I know one. I didn't pay for the dvds I borrowed the alpha phase from a friend after they finished and will do the same with the beta. I don't know if I'd like it as much if it'd set me back like $100 but on loner it's awesome.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    I am approaching the end of week 2, Alpha. I have a love/hate with it!!:) All that jumping around, I have to stop for a second to go to the bathroom:/ But I digress; I am losing inches
    not weight yet, but that could be my body adjusting to this new workout. Toying with the idea of getting Gamma----which, if the truth be known, should have come with this set. We shall see. I am looking forward to seeing what's in store with Beta phase. The cool part is that it's just 25 minutes, except on Fridays, which is a double dose. Still, under an hour? I will take it. And I used to spend hours at the gym with no real results. Hoping to see results like in the commercials, but.....those abs look airbrushed in some of the pictures.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    I absolutely love it. Beginning week three and already lost 2 lbs, 2 inches off waist, 1 inch off hips. You really have to watch your food because the calorie burns aren't as high as insanity. But I found insanity really repetitive, with T25 every DVD is truly different, and you sweat like a maniac!
    I've been seeing alot of hype about Insanity and I was curious about getting it, but......I will finish T25 first and maybe add Gamma to it. I figure, if we have T25 and the results are supposed to be good, why spend more money on Insanity. You mentioned Insanity is repetitive; do you mean you are doing the same moves each day/are they 1 hour dvds?

Insanity is similar in intensity but the workouts range from 40-60 minutes. I found each DVD had almost the same exercises, I couldn't tell much difference between them. T25 had a lot more variety each day. But you burn more calories with a longer workout. I also find Shaun's demeanor in T25 is a little less drill sergeant than in insanity.

Sounds like I'd love rockin body!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Can anyone help me. I'm on day 5 week 3. I've put weight on.. I'm sticking to the diet writing everything down. Workouts are 100% effort had to follow the modifier but now I don't. I'm gutted I've put on. I'm 189 lb so not slim what the hell is wrong

This might help hang in there. I lost nothing my first month of insanity so I gave up. Now I'm wishing I hadn't because apparently the big weight loss on these programs sometimes happens in the second month.
    http://chalenejohnson.blogspot.ca/2009/01/why-do-you-sometimes-gain-weight-when.html?m=1
  • autumnsquirrel
    I have learned that if you stick with it, you will get results. Your body will respond when it is good and ready.
  • I'm not a BB coach, but I do have several their programs.

Today was my Day1 of T25 (Alpha Carido).

WOW!! 25 minutes went by really fast, gave me an awesome burn and a great sweat!

Endurance is not my strong suit, so half way I started following Tania to keep me going without taking any rest during the workout.

I'm so glad I got this program. Feel free to add me if you are also doing T25. Thanks. :smile:
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    I have been doing the program and following the program along with watching my diet. (not completely clean but I am eating healthy and staying within my calories most of the time). And doing that I have seen the scale and measuring tape numbers go down. I love the program and this is my last week in the Alpha phase. I can't wait to go into Beta and Gamma after that.
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    I got it as soon as it was released through coaches. I'm not a BB coach, but I have one so I ordered through him. I'm currently starting week 2 of the Beta phase (2nd phase) - which essentially means I'm completed 6 wks of the 10 wk program. You can see my profile pic with my results from the Alpha phase (first 5 wks). I lost 12 lbs. 3 inches in my waist, 2.5 inches in my chest, .5 in my thighs. I've been very faithful to the program. And I also drink Shakeology almost every morning. haven't missed a single workout. It's hard to justify missing one since it's only 25 minutes for 5 days a week. NOTE: on Fridays, he has you double up with 2 25 minute workouts that day OR do one 25 min workout that day then another on Saturday - whichever you prefer.
    I also watch what I eat and try to eat clean and log my calories/food intake.
    I'm so excited to see what this next phase will bring.
    The Beta phase (2nd phase) is faster and more intense, but you build up to that level in the Alpha phase. It's a great workout! I get a good sweat going! Bring a towel to wipe up the sweat off the floor as you go so you don't slip!
  • The reason you've only seen coach reviews is because it barely came out so almost no one has had time to finish it yet. I'm on week 4 and I am already visibly more cut than I was 3 weeks ago. I've never sweat so much in my life, not even during Insanity haha. So get it because it works!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Ive been doing Beachbody workouts since P90X was released, so Ive got quite a few of them.
    Although I am a coach, i didnt become one until this past March.
    I finished Insanity in June just in time to segway into July with T25, I was one of the first to purchase it and actually got to have a LIVE class with him in Vegas. It was def cool!
    So... I went thru the first month and actually started on Beta phase, month 2 and It just wasnt enough for me to be honest. While i like the program and LOVE Shaun T, for me it wasnt hard enough or long enough for me. I actually went back to Insanity last week and am about to do another round and then go on to Insanity Asylum Vol 1 next month.
    I recomend T25 to my challengers who are short on time and want a fast and focused workout. I think that if you NEVER picked up an Insanity DVD then you would ABSOLUTELY think it was hard. Right now I have 11 members in my Focus T25 Challenge group and they ALL love it. They are seeing weight loss but this can also only be contributed to the nutritional guide that accompanies the workout - nutrition is 80% and genetics counts for 10%...
    Message me if you have any specific questions or if you want to see it in action on my YouTube page.
  • Since your in your first week, your body is probably thinking "what the heck is this guy doing to me. I'm sore all over". This happens especially when you haven't worked out in awhile. Your body will retain water to help deal with the stress that you are putting it through. Stick with it. You will most likely release the extra water in a week or 2. Just make sure that your diet is on key. You will see improvements if you stick with it. Also be sure to take body measurements and not just weight, that can also help with motivation.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    I'm currently starting week 2 of the Beta phase (2nd phase) - which essentially means I'm completed 6 wks of the 10 wk program. You can see my profile pic with my results from the Alpha phase (first 5 wks). I lost 12 lbs. 3 inches in my waist, 2.5 inches in my chest, .5 in my thighs. I've been very faithful to the program. And I also drink Shakeology almost every morning. haven't missed a single workout.

Impressive results in 6 weeks! WTG!
  • autumnsquirrel
    I like that it's only 25 minutes, but it is hard work. I have noticed that some people did Insanity/p90x and are going to do another round of them....Makes me wonder, then if it really works:/ If one finished insanity or p90x, shouldn't they be done with that; do they look like the after pictures in the informercials? If I did Insanity, I don't think I would want to do that again, LOL:)
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    I like that it's only 25 minutes, but it is hard work. I have noticed that some people did Insanity/p90x and are going to do another round of them....Makes me wonder, then if it really works:/ If one finished insanity or p90x, shouldn't they be done with that; do they look like the after pictures in the informercials? If I did Insanity, I don't think I would want to do that again, LOL:)

I am not really understanding why you are questioning doing another round of any workout....you can have awesome results with either program, elevate your fitness thru one round...then push even harder the next time and see even greater results.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    I just started week 2, though I didn't lose any lbs the first week, I did lose 3 inches on my waist and hips.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    I just started Beta phase this week and seriously, LOVE LOVE LOVE these workouts. So intense, excellent calorie burn, very challenging, and I am not really focused on weight loss but moreso changing the way my body looks and getting stronger. I've lost more than a half inch on my thighs so far and my waist is getting tighter and tighter. The changes are incredible. And I also love that the workouts are under a half hour. Perfect for busy types who really want to get in a baller workout :)
  • Just letting everyone know I have a Focus t25 challenge group coming
    hit me up on instagram (stephon116) or Facebook! (www.facebook.com/stephonosumc)
  • bryri
    bryri Posts: 1
    I actually just finished the 4th day of week four. I have one more week before I go into the beta phase. I refuse to get on a scale or take measurements, but look wise, my body has started to improve. I gained a lot of weight over the past 6 months due to poor diet, which is a long story, but now I'm eating better and exercising 6 days a week. I generally don't eat too poorly, but I got involved in a relationship that became very sedentary towards the end. I knew I needed a change, so I started running for close to a month before attacking the T25 beast. I've done Insanity twice, only missing one day due to sickness, so I normally try to push myself as much as possible physically. I thought I knew what I was getting into, but this is way harder than expected. The main difference is that you take a fair amount of breaks in Insanity, and this just seems to be the hardest moves/combinations of moves from Insanity plus some additional moves. Like Insanity, there are no days off. Each day is harder than the day before and you're constantly pushing yourself to be better than you were just 24 hours prior. It's both physically and mentally demanding. This past week has been particularly hard because I just moved to the mountains, but I noticed a strong progression up until this week. I just have to wait for my body to get used to the mountain air before I comment any further, but I think it'll continue on the same path as it was at lower elevations. I have to agree with another poster, Insanity was ridiculously hard on my body. For whatever reasons, I struggled to stay 100% with all of the jumping and high impact exercises. In this routine, there is a modifier for when you get tired or if you just don't want to put your body through the high impact of certain exercises. I generally am not a huge fan of jumping, like the tuck jumps from Insanity, because they are incredibly brutal on my body. In this version, I choose which exercises to jump with. Though I think this is harder than Insanity, I do not view it as the daunting task that is Insanity. I remember hating the 2nd month of Insanity because they workouts were just so long. I do not necessarily enjoy 50 minute Fridays, but I'll take that over the 1 hour+ of some Insanity days. The push ups and their variations are hard, and lower focus has to be one of the hardest workout routines imaginable, but I am addicted. I turn it on everyday and push. I'm no coach, but I love Shaun T's tapes because they require more mentally than they do physically. I remember the laborious task it was the press play on my DVD player after the first two weeks of Insanity. For 25 minutes I try to push beyond my limits. I constantly remind myself that I tear myself down everyday so I can wake up rebuilt and stronger. This workout is simply amazing.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member

It depends on how much you need to lose. I needed to lose about 35, I got 15 of it in one round of insanity. I don't think its realistic to expect all of it once, but I was superhappy with my results in round one so why not keep going?