Sugar intake

xarakarax
xarakarax Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I have problems constantly going over the recommended amount of daily sugar intake. Diets in the past I usually just watched cals and fat grams, or counted points etc... I like that mfp shows me all of these factors to watch but I don't understand why the allowed sugar intake is so low.

Is the range on here a normal recommend range by most doctors?

i put a small spoon of honey in my green tea this morning and used a ton of my sugar allowance =( I didn't realize it was that high.

Any tips

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Unless you have a medical reason, do not stress about it.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    The MFP sugar recommendation is based on the recommended daily intake for added sugar. There is no recognized standard for natural sugar. However, MFP's diary does not distinguish between natural and added sugar, so eating a proper amount of fruit will put you over MFP's limit. As the previous poster said, unless there is a medical need, don't worry about tracking. As long as your calories and macros are good, sugar won't matter.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    I am over my sugar goal every day (I eat a lot of fruit). Don't worry about it. Do your best to keep added sugars to a minimum.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    I keep going over on my sugar too. I add honey to my plain yogurt and eat quite a bit of fruit. I think as long as you're sugars are high due to eating natural sugars, it's not the end of the world.
  • xarakarax
    xarakarax Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    I have zero refined sugar in my diet, no cakes, biscuits, bread etc however just having fruit puts me over.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    I am over my sugar goal every day (I eat a lot of fruit). Don't worry about it. Do your best to keep added sugars to a minimum.

Same with me, as long as I am over because of my fruit intake I really am not concerned.
This discussion has been closed.