I want to be a healthy new mommy!

I'm ashamed to say that I'm 24 years old and nearly 300 lbs....I arrived at this place after spending the last several years to fit my square life into a round hole if you know what I mean. I finally left my AWFUL job, and have been working out like crazy ever since which is GREAT! I also recently got engaged (YAY!) to the man of my dreams with whom I have been since I was 17. When we met I was about 170 lbs, still overweight but at a much better place healthfully speaking. He loves me like that and like this, but I don't love myself at this size. I feel so unattractive and frustrated like I'm wearing a fat suit I can't take off. I'm here because 1) I care about my health and I am completely throwing away my 20s at this size 2) I want to be happy on my wedding day and focusing on my friends, family and fiancee, NOT on how many chins I have in each photo 3) I cannot wait to become a mommy! I have been thinking about it my entire life and I am just so excited to hold my little ones and be the best parent I can be, but I know I need some work before I can give my babies everything they need.
So here I am, and I'm hoping I made a good choice by coming here. The working-out-constantly high I felt at first is waning and I need to stay motivated - I have a long long way to go!!

Replies

• I'm ashamed to say that I'm 24 years old and nearly 300 lbs....I arrived at this place after spending the last several years to fit my square life into a round hole if you know what I mean. I finally left my AWFUL job, and have been working out like crazy ever since which is GREAT! I also recently got engaged (YAY!) to the man of my dreams with whom I have been since I was 17. When we met I was about 170 lbs, still overweight but at a much better place healthfully speaking. He loves me like that and like this, but I don't love myself at this size. I feel so unattractive and frustrated like I'm wearing a fat suit I can't take off. I'm here because 1) I care about my health and I am completely throwing away my 20s at this size 2) I want to be happy on my wedding day and focusing on my friends, family and fiancee, NOT on how many chins I have in each photo 3) I cannot wait to become a mommy! I have been thinking about it my entire life and I am just so excited to hold my little ones and be the best parent I can be, but I know I need some work before I can give my babies everything they need.
    So here I am, and I'm hoping I made a good choice by coming here. The working-out-constantly high I felt at first is waning and I need to stay motivated - I have a long long way to go!!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Hello Candie,
    Your post made me cry! You can lose weight and get healthy. This site is set up great..just track your food and exercise..and eat all your calories!!

You have a wonderful man who loves you no matter what size you are..keep him close! Tell him what you want to do..and tell him you need his support! You will be a beautiful bride!!

Whens the wedding??
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Welcome.... I am so glad you found someone who loves you for you and will be happy when you choose your healthy journey.... KEEP up the faith.. I am also from MICHIGAN. and in the same boat.. Want to be a healthy mommy some day.... This site is great and has a lot of ideas and motivation... :bigsmile:
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Welcome and congrats on your engagement,. :happy: you have a wonderful man. I'm sure you will find what you need here, I know I am. :D
  • Thank you!! We are planning on September 26th, 2009 so I have plenty of time. I want to take it nice and slow because the quick-fixes I've used in the past are like putting a band aid on a broken leg and I am serious about my health this time.
  • Thank you for the kind sentiments! I think I was waiting for it to just happen (the weight to go away that is), and silly me just realized that putting it all on didn't just happen so why should taking it off? I made the choice not to exercise and to eat things I knew were poor nutritionally, and now I need to make the choice to move and eat well just as consciously. It's seems so difficult but really it is so simple. I have been a human DOING for so long and I'm ready to finally be a human BEING!!!! I want to live life instead of just existing and I'm starting here.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    I think the first 3 days are the hardest. Before you eat, log the food and then decide if you really want to eat it!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome Candie! :flowerforyou: You're going to do great here. Just stick with it, see it through, follow your plan. You've got more than a year and can lose so much between now and then. Keep that goal in mind, especially about being a healthy mommy. THAT is the biggest motivator, at least for me.