Starting Over

Amberonamission
Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi all. I had lost 40 pounds over the last year and regained 50 in the past 5 months. Boo. It seems in my hiatus most of my friends on here have disappeared.

If you have the time to send genuine honest feedback about my food choices and exercise habits please add me. Even if it is harsh I can take it and want it. Skip it if you are just looking for a higher number on your friends count.

I will really give my time to anyone who has time for me.

Oh and I am a Mom of a 12 year old (going on 22), married forever, I run the office of my husbands plumbing company. I moved to Coastal SC from Long Island 3 years ago and love it here. And I have a long long road to the finish line.

Replies

• fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    Sure I can help you. I live in Florida. I will add you.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Check out my profile, if you like what you see, feel free to add me. I log daily and have an open diary. I'm also pretty active in forums, opinionated but active.
  • fabry12
    fabry12 Posts: 32 Member
    I had quick look at the diary, and I did not see any big problems. Sometimes your body can be used to what you eat and adapt to your calories intake. You can try to change your diet a bit or introduce one extra meal per day so that you can spread smaller meals over 5/6 times per day.
    Also do you exercise? In my case the only way to speed up my metabolism is to add regular exercise at least 3/4 times per week with Cardio/Weight Lifting. When you add muscles basic metabolic rate increase so that you end up consuming more calories.

I will keep and eye on your diary, and let you know if I can catch anything wrong.
  • Amberonamission
    I had quick look at the diary, and I did not see any big problems. Sometimes your body can be used to what you eat and adapt to your calories intake. You can try to change your diet a bit or introduce one extra meal per day so that you can spread smaller meals over 5/6 times per day.
    Also do you exercise? In my case the only way to speed up my metabolism is to add regular exercise at least 3/4 times per week with Cardio/Weight Lifting. When you add muscles basic metabolic rate increase so that you end up consuming more calories.

I will keep and eye on your diary, and let you know if I can catch anything wrong.
    True that my food has been good over the last week. It was the last 5 months before that that were the problem. As for exercise, I dance, swim, walk/run (with my dog) and now I am starting to get very serious about lifting heavy and putting on muscle so I can start to eat more. I do believe that the intense cardio that I had been doing was tripping me up last try. I was up to 90 min a day with out much result except being starving all the time.

Thank you so much for looking :D
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Looks like you being thorough in your logging, and that's good!

FWIW, my doctor told me I would have a hard time losing weight while eating apples and oranges; I can't imagine what he would say about Cheetos. Not all calories are created equally. The carbs in Cheetos are turned into glucose way easier that those of, say, an apple.

That being said, we all have to choose what we're willing to give up and what we aren't.

BTW, I showed my doctor... I am able to eat apples and oranges and still lose weight, but that's probably because of the cardio workouts I do. There will come a time, I suspect, where I will have to choose between regularly having apples and oranges vs losing weight.
  • Amberonamission
    Looks like you being thorough in your logging, and that's good!

FWIW, my doctor told me I would have a hard time losing weight while eating apples and oranges; I can't imagine what he would say about Cheetos. Not all calories are created equally. The carbs in Cheetos are turned into glucose way easier that those of, say, an apple.

That being said, we all have to choose what we're willing to give up and what we aren't.

BTW, I showed my doctor... I am able to eat apples and oranges and still lose weight, but that's probably because of the cardio workouts I do. There will come a time, I suspect, where I will have to choose between regularly having apples and oranges vs losing weight.
    Truth about the cheetos. The great part about that snack was that I weighed them to exactly 28g. I was trying to teach my daughter that sh can have "normal food" (as she calls it) as long as you do it right. I ate those cheetos for my afternoon snack again today. A bag of cheetos (that i got for free) has lasted 3 days in my house. A miracle in my house. I am pretty proud of my family for resisting the urge to pig out.

I ate a piece of chocolate the other day too. the 3 of us split a regular sized bar. This is a huge step for my husband and daughter.
  • I am down 40 lbs since the birth of my son.. and I will be 39 in two days. I am soooo up and down. Motivation is what I need to keep moving!!
  • Amberonamission
    I probably would have told that Dr. that Apples and Oranges were not what made me fat.. More likely the Cheese Steaks. hahaha
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me as well- I'm in need of some fellow motivators as well, and could also use some honesty. Over two years I lost nearly 50 pounds, and over 6 months (from fall to spring of this year) gained 15 back. My goal is to lose about 20. Made some seriously poor food decisions over the last few days and am trying hard to get back on track :) Oh the constant battle....
  • Nala335
    Nala335 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi..
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    I probably would have told that Dr. that Apples and Oranges were not what made me fat.. More likely the Cheese Steaks. hahaha

I know, right? Though in my case, it would be pizza, ice cream, and daily breakfasts at McDonald's.

After my doctor told me I wasn't losing weight for the simple reason that I was not making it a priority, it was hard to hear anything else over the ringing in my ears. He's an addict, like me, though his drug of choice was booze.
  • Thanks for adding me as a friend. I am also starting to start over. I have been a bit depressed myself and I am a stress eater....not good. I did read your diary and I was just wondering...why do you skip lunch ?
  • Amberonamission
    Thanks for adding me as a friend. I am also starting to start over. I have been a bit depressed myself and I am a stress eater....not good. I did read your diary and I was just wondering...why do you skip lunch ?
    I usually don't skip. I was grazing yesterday and didn't have an actual lunch. And sunday I knew the family wanted Sushi buffet so I did lunch and dinner at the same time.

I should have moved some of my snacks to lunch yesterday. Not sure why I did it that way. Sunday was the only day I skipped and usually do on the weekend days that the husband wants to eat out.
  • Hey feel free to add me I had to start over this year after the death of my father in law... I spent a good amount of time caring for him and my family... after he passed a piece of me passed too ans needless to say a lot of weight came on. I can be whatever you want me to be. harsh, kind, gently or brutally honest, but supportive is always my number one goal.... lately I noticed my friends don't comment on my stuff nearly as much as I do for theirs. Also noticed that they don't make the healthiest choices as far as food but stay under calories.... I want friends that have that same vision, healthy food, healthy activity, healthy life. Anyhow I have 33 pounds to my goal so we are in a similar boat. I keep my diary open if you want to view it.

Hannah
This discussion has been closed.