HELP!! Replace my cottage cheese!!!

Options
Skeebee
Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
Hey, all! Due to budgeting (I buy a lot in bulk), I eat pretty much the same thing for lunch during the weeks. I''m looking to make a few changes that are still macro and money friendly.

On workout days, I would eat extra calories. With this included cottage cheese I would buy in bulk (3lb container) which accounts for about 100 calories, high protein, and a little fat. I've been cutting dairy out since I've seen a huge change, personally (this isn't for everyone), from switching from Milk to Almond Milk in the mornings. I still eat a yogurt with my lunch, but want to cut out the cottage cheese and replace it with something. I want to hear all your ideas. help!!

Replies

• arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, as a post-workout snack (especially if you're doing weight training), I can think of nothing better than cottage cheese.

That said, perhaps you could replace it with chicken. Lean meats are the only things I can think of that are high protein and low fat.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Love my cottage cheese post workout. I like the chicken idea, or why not eggs? Mmmmmm eggs. <3
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    There is lactose-free cottage cheese, if that's what you're avoiding.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oddly, cottage cheese is the one bit of dairy that I have kept in my diet. I've found that there really isn't any good non-dairy substitute for it and it's just so darned good. And it hasn't really had any noticeable effect on my gut.
  • Skeebee
    Options
    Truthfully, as a post-workout snack (especially if you're doing weight training), I can think of nothing better than cottage cheese.

That said, perhaps you could replace it with chicken. Lean meats are the only things I can think of that are high protein and low fat.

I eat chicken at my lunch already. Boo!
  • Skeebee
    Options
    Hmm....maybe I'll keep it around after all. :smile:
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Replace it with solid cheese. Less volume per calorie but more calcium :)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    quinoa = protein