What is wrong with me?

Hi! I have been having some really strange stomach issues lately. Last week ( weds or thurs I think) my stomach was hurting anytime I ate something. My muscles in my stomach back and neck would ache ( which is very strange) I was evwn considering not eating the next day ( like fasting) to see if it would stop. After two- 3 days of it, it stops and Im totally fine. Now the night before last, I had an increase of appetite.Yesterday, I would eat and after 1 1/2-2 1/2 hrs, I was extremely hungry again. Now today, 5 minutes after I ate, my stomach started hurting, like a constant hunger pain. I feel constantly hungry, I tried eating some protien because I read an article that said it may help if you are feeling constantly hungry ( unfortunately the only thing in my fridge w protien was potstickers; chicken is in the oven cooking- not done yet) The constant dull "hunger?" pain has not gone away, only goes away when I eat and returns 5 min later. I started a new exercise regime of run a mile and walk a mile (+ more if I can) and today is day5, although I havent run yet.Someone mentioned overexercising, I really didnt think that was it. Any suggestions? Should I go to the dr? I started mfp july 6th, 2013 at 249lbs, and Im currently at 230. Im 24yrs old, 5'6", if that helps? Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    see md. not many here are qualified to diagnose over the internet.... make that no one is qualified to diagnose over the internet... please see md.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Unless there is a doctor or nurse on the boards that can help you out, I'd recommend calling your doctor or the advice nurse at the hospital to get some guidance. They are going to be the best bet for you getting you real answers.

Good luck!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Unexplainable pain always means a trip to the doctor is preferable.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Okay thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Yikes, hope you get that checked out. And I hope you get to feeling better.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    If the doctor finds nothing, check out food sensitivities. If I want an instant stomach ache, all I need to do is eat some tomato. If I want a hangover headache, chocolate does the deed. I used to think it was "all in my head" until an allegist did a tine test and confirmed the food sensitivities.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    No. 1 is see a doctor.

But...a few days ago I was feeling nauseated and neck achey etc and it turned out I was having a SERIOUS case of nerves. I didn't even quite realize how badly stressed I was until my husband started talking to me about it. I broke down in tears. The good news is I don't have a migraine or feel sick to my stomach anymore--I was able to get it out and identify what was bothering me.

(*though I would be the first to say that "stress cannot be blamed for all ailments"--so that might now be it. It definitely was for me *this time* though.)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Unless there is a doctor or nurse on the boards that can help you out, I'd recommend calling your doctor or the advice nurse at the hospital to get some guidance. They are going to be the best bet for you getting you real answers.

Good luck!

There are medical professionals on MFP, but none that would try to diagnose her online..lol. I second going to see the doctor there.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Super strange, but my stomach stopped hurting after I ran the mile... Im still going to the dr, just because this is so weird. Ive never had any of this happen before.