Is it okay to go to bed hungry?

124»

Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Yes, it's OK to go to bed hungry. It's also OK to go to bed not hungry. It makes no difference, provided you are hitting your calorie goals. If eating late caused you to binge and go over in calories, skip it. Think in terms of total calories, not timing.
    your body goes into an automatic detox at 11pm ...this is the bodies natural function.

And this is just freaking hilarious.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Honestly, I often go to bed hungry. I tend to eat my allotted calories by 7 or so and then when I go to bed at midnight, I often have a bit of a grumbly stomach. I find a cup of tea with full fat cream is a nice low-cal filler but I don't often find it too bad. I never wake up in the middle of the night hungry, nor do I wake up in the morning starving.

On the other hand, if I have the calories, I don't care what time it is: I eat. I used to think it was bad to eat after 5pm (thanks for the lies, Oprah) but now I know it's all used and it doesn't matter. In fact, when I eat later, even a few calories over goal, I usually have lost more weight the next day. Not sure how that works or if it's just in my head.

My advice: either save calories for night and eat or drink some green tea before bed if you have no calories left. Another idea: If you're starving and have no calories left, go run around the block a couple of times. You'll be able to eat a light snack when you get back, and though you won't go over calories, your belly will be happy for the snack.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Yes, it's OK to go to bed hungry. It's also OK to go to bed not hungry. It makes no difference, provided you are hitting your calorie goals. If eating late caused you to binge and go over in calories, skip it. Think in terms of total calories, not timing.
    your body goes into an automatic detox at 11pm ...this is the bodies natural function.

And this is just freaking hilarious.

All of this.