Starting over...again

minniemanion83
minniemanion83 Posts: 13 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello all!!! I've been on here a few times now. I just deleted my profile this morning and started over. Why? Because I wasn't as serious as I should have been. Between the crappy internet service and a dead laptop and just not having the drive to post here, I gave up. That needs to end. I weighed yesterday at 227. My heaviest was 244. I refuse to go there again.

My "goal" weight is around 140-160 pounds. I need to do this not oly for myself but my son as well. He's 5 and deserves a mom that can run and bike with him. He deserves a pretty mom that he can be proud of. My boyfriend deserves someone to be proud of as well.

I need friends on here. I've had friends on here in the past, but no one to really talk to. No one to really motivate or motivate me. If I comment on your status, say something back! I try to be there for everyone and encourage when I can.

I'm 30 and a fairly active person when I make the effort. I have a lot of interests and hobbies. Get to know me. You can never have too many friends, especially the goofball kind (such as myself.).

Replies

• ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello! I joined about 5 days ago for the first time. I have noticed with my new found attitude on getting fit & healthy, I'm on MFP more than I am FB! :laugh: But, I've been logging stuff in and browsing message boards for info!

I've been doing insanity and eating as healthful as I can for 18 days now and am all ready seeing progression!! I think my heaviest was around 220 or so, and now I'm at 170. I'm not losing weight yet working out but I'm busy converting into pure muscle! :laugh: I have lost over 7 inches though, so it is working!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    I love new friends, especially fun ones.

I'm older than you, but I have a 6 and 4 year old. I'm changing to a healthier lifestyle to also keep up with them, and live as long as possible since I am an older parent. Hoping to get my husband to join in some day too.

I'm doing a home workout program of Combat right now and love it. I've Never even Really Liked exercise before, so this is a change for me.
  • Luckycharm3172011
    Luckycharm3172011 Posts: 8 Member
    I too am starting over again! My friend is actually working out and turned me on to this site. When I went to sign up, it told me I already had an account created a little more than a year ago! So apparently, I tried this route before and like every other time I promised myself to get this weight off, I quit! Not this time. I'm about 215 and trying to get down to the 150-160 mark as well. Looking at everyone's success stories is helping a lot. Seeing the before and after pictures and the AMAZING changes! I have before pictures but I've only been on this for a week (this time anyway) and can't wait to have some after pics. I heard it takes 4 weeks for me to see a change and 8-12 for everyone else. I'm super excited. WE CAN DO THIS! =)
  • MoRaeNew
    MoRaeNew Posts: 35 Member
    I too am starting over again! My friend is actually working out and turned me on to this site. When I went to sign up, it told me I already had an account created a little more than a year ago! So apparently, I tried this route before and like every other time I promised myself to get this weight off, I quit! Not this time. I'm about 215 and trying to get down to the 150-160 mark as well. Looking at everyone's success stories is helping a lot. Seeing the before and after pictures and the AMAZING changes! I have before pictures but I've only been on this for a week (this time anyway) and can't wait to have some after pics. I heard it takes 4 weeks for me to see a change and 8-12 for everyone else. I'm super excited. WE CAN DO THIS! =)

Good luck. I'm trying to get back on track ... I started off really well back in March and went from 217 to 185, I've stalled and even put a few lbs back on over the last couple months. So being almost halfway to my goal, I need to be back on track. You can do it, feel free to add me.
  • georgiex
    georgiex Posts: 13 Member
    Me too! :) when i last signed in i was about 160 lbs! got a kidney infection and lost 28lbs and now trying to lose a bit more! i want to be 128 lbs by the end :)
  • mnapier3
    mnapier3 Posts: 30
    I don't know how many times I've joined a gym, bought a DVD, or dropped in for a yoga class never to return. I'm not sure what changed for me, but in December 2012 I decided to join a small 24/7 gym and have fallen in love with weight training. I even started to jog on a tread mill which I always avoided since I fell off of one many years ago.

Anywho, I've only lost a few pounds, my goal is to drop body fat and gain muscle so I'm not worried about the number on the scale. Though I have gained some muscle and dropped some weight I'm not where I want to be and I'm starting to stagger and lose motivation. Perhaps we can help encourage one another! I'm always looking for tips, advice, and food for thought.

I struggle with my eating habits. I don't eat terribly, but I could stand to eat more lean meat and veggies. Problem is I don't have a desire to eat that way (wa wa wa me! lol) but I really want to make a strong effort. What type of eating plan do you have? Do you have any advice on learning to love veggies!? (=

PS. Send me a request (anyone!), I'd love to have more friends to share food diaries and find a little motivation.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    I just posted about this topic on my profile yesterday so feel free to send me a friend request. I log all my food daily and I'm happy to offer as much support as I can.
  • nwatson14
    nwatson14 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello all!!! I've been on here a few times now. I just deleted my profile this morning and started over. Why? Because I wasn't as serious as I should have been. Between the crappy internet service and a dead laptop and just not having the drive to post here, I gave up. That needs to end. I weighed yesterday at 227. My heaviest was 244. I refuse to go there again.

My "goal" weight is around 140-160 pounds. I need to do this not oly for myself but my son as well. He's 5 and deserves a mom that can run and bike with him. He deserves a pretty mom that he can be proud of. My boyfriend deserves someone to be proud of as well.

I need friends on here. I've had friends on here in the past, but no one to really talk to. No one to really motivate or motivate me. If I comment on your status, say something back! I try to be there for everyone and encourage when I can.

I'm 30 and a fairly active person when I make the effort. I have a lot of interests and hobbies. Get to know me. You can never have too many friends, especially the goofball kind (such as myself.).

You can add me....I'll be here for the long haul :)
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Feel free to add me! This is my first time trying this site - although my battle with weight going up and down has been a liftetime struggle. Lost 60 lbs about 10 yrs ago - kept off for a couple of yrs then gained it back. I've done that road trip twice more now in the last 6 yrs and this will be the LAST time.. I'm not dieting - Im' changing my life. I'm not going to loose the weight and then say 'ok I can eat that cause I'm skinny now' only to see all the hard work I put into losing being sabotaged by my own stupidity!!

We CAN do this.. change our lives - not just til we loose what we want and look how we think we should - but for GOOD...
  • Same story here. I just added you. Anyone else who wants can add me as we'll. I do better when I've got a gang :)
  • JenT514
    JenT514 Posts: 9 Member
    :laugh: I just had to laugh at your post. I too have been on here a few times and today I am starting over again! Serious this time..
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Oh, where to start. I too am over the yo-yo dieting. I started back up last week (but went camping this last weekend, and didn't make the best food/beverage choices). I'm weighing once a week, and got a body fat monitor to make sure I'm actually losing fat and not muscle, as I know previous diets have done. I'm swimming and lifting heavy three times a week because it's the only form of exercise that doesn't bore the living hell out of me. Eating five small meals a day, have majorly upped my calories, and started eating healthy carbs again! Ultimately, I've finally realized that I have to make choices that I can stick with for the rest of my life, not beat myself up if I'm not perfect, and take it one day at a time. I just keep thinking, in six months, I'll either be in the same place I am now, wishing I had stuck with it, or I'll be strong, toned and confident! I have about 50 lbs to lose, and welcome any friends and support, so add me!
  • minniemanion83
    To ktlinn:
    That is really awesome!!! Way to go on the inches and muscle!!! I've heard of Insanity, but haven't tried it yet. I have P90X, but I haven't tried it either lol.I think you are doing great!! Thank you for sharing this with me! :-)
  • minniemanion83
    To nancybuss:
    Welcome!!! What is Combat? I've never heard of it I don't think. I am also an exercise nonliker lol. I think I'd like it more if I were in better shape. I guess this is the reason I am here lol. Your babies are still little ones. :-)

And yes, new friends are always fun! :-)
  • minniemanion83
    To LuckyCharm:
    Yes, We can do this!!! I think that it's great when you hear of people who have lost weight, even 5 pounds is cause for celebration!! Just as you have, I've always quit after a few weeks, but I'm not allowing that this time. I really need to get in gear and make this change for good.

I've neer done the before and after pictures. One, the only people I have to take them are my bf and his mom. Um,,,no thank you very much (yeah, it's that bad lol). It's an awesome idea though!! Can't wait to see the progress!! It's a little crazy to think it can take up to 3 months for others to be able to tell you've lost weight lol. Have a great day! We got this this time!
  • I am with you. I will complete it this time. Great job and keep up the good work! Good Luck :smile:
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Good for you, there must be a reason your back ...

Every journey starts with one step
    - I hear what your saying about the before pics ... more the reason to take them
    -I know exercise is hard when your not in shape, but read some of the amazing journeys on here of others in the same boat

Motivation has changed from pats on back, to loose clothes, being motivated to eat better, see others diaries for better ideas, etc.

Good luck on your journey, if you (everyone) would like me as a friend please add me.
  • I've obviously been on here for a while :p but used to only use it for a few days at a time. A couple weeks ago I restarted and have been logging everyday! Im 5'9ish and started at 270 (the last number I had remembered weighing-always avoided the scale) and I've finally been seeing the numbers go down for the first time in few years. I own P90x and Insanity from back when I did rugby a couple years ago, and I recently bought 30DS. I've always been a bit bigger and had horrible body image issues-I'm more confidant now than I ever was when I weighed less than 200 pounds. My goal is about 190 for now so I have a lot to lose. Id like some friends to help keep my going! I want to get into the 30ds but need motivation, haha.
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    I have tried to use the MFP app and another app without any success in the past. It was not until this current round that I found success by actually adding friends and planning meals ahead of time. Good luck. Anyone may add me.

Can you use your cell phone to log?
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    hey welcome to club of restarting. WHile not a yo-yo dieter I am in constant I'm-going-to-do-it this time mode. I'm 34 and a little heavier (~10 pounds) but with the same basic goal weight. feel free to add me (anyone). although I will warn you that my diary is private becase I can't remember to log food on a regular basis and don't feel like getting yelled at for eating too little. Trust me that is not the case.

Good luck one and all.
This discussion has been closed.