What type of cheese do you guys eat?

Hey, ive been craving grilled cheese lately do you guys have any recommendations on what kind of cheese I should use? I have 35 calorie bread and light butter I just need cheese haha :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Whatever's your favorite. I love a good sharp cheddar. Swiss is awesome, too. You could always go with good old American processed cheese slices.
  • ellebrosseau
    ellebrosseau Posts: 103 Member
    sharp cheddar!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    ALL OF THE CHEESES
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    ALL OF THE CHEESES

EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    If I want a good cheese I'll usually do a nice Blue, Camembert or Brie.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    I like doing a three-cheese mix of American, Sharp cheddar, and Swiss. Then take 1TBSP of light mayo and add a clove of very finely minced garlic and spread in the inside of one of the slices of bread.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I've never met a cheese I didn't like.

Except Swiss.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Is yes an appropriate answer to this? Yes is a type of cheese now.

And you want something softer with a low-ish melting point. Parmesan would be silly. A true sharp cheddar wouldn't melt before the bread burnt. For that route, I like a good Muenster or pepper jack, though I haven't had a grilled cheese in ages.
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Hey, ive been craving grilled cheese lately do you guys have any recommendations on what kind of cheese I should use? I have 35 calorie bread and light butter I just need cheese haha :)

I upped my calories and have been splurging on PB&J...need to add these to the mix.
    If I want a good cheese I'll usually do a nice Blue, Camembert or Brie.

for a grilled cheese sandwich?
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    I tend to buy cheese that is pre-measured such as Frigo sticks (50-70 calories) or Laughing Cow wedges, or sliced swiss. It's part laziness and partly that I don't trust myself not to guess on 1 ounce of cheese. If I weren't logging my calories I wouldn't care--but not logging is partially what caused my weight gain in the first place.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    weight watchers america cheese
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Call me a rube, but I love mozzarella. I cut up a cube, and then I cut that up into really thin slices, lay those out on bread and then nuke it. Yummy gooey cheesiness.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    I don't eat a lot of cheese, but when I do, it's the stinky kind!

For a grilled cheese, good ol' cheddar, mild or old, slices of brie with a slice of ham and a few leaves of baby spinach or green apple slices would be nice. Havarti slice might not be a bad choice either.
  • crystalmoore83
    crystalmoore83 Posts: 103 Member
    I love the sargento thin's I usually do the Colby jack or swiss, only 40 calories a slice!
  • FancyGirl7
    FancyGirl7 Posts: 11 Member
    Recently I've been eating Havarti or Smoked Gouda. I'd rather eat a smaller amount of a quality cheese since it tends to take my craving away better than a large amount of cheap, almost flavorless cheese. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like jack and smoked provolone:)
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    All cheese Horseradish cheddar comes to mind
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    I'm partial to brie and chevre. Especially chevre. Myzithra cheese is good on pasta. Cheddar cheese is good always.
  • Mmmm grilled cheese sounds great. I like gouda & swiss, grate them on a tortilla, add raw greens like spinach or kale, onion, & a little more cheese, cook 5 minutes or so in convection oven, take out & add sliced avocado. Delicious!!:smile:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    There are cheeses other than cheddar? hmm