Late night sweet tooth! Help!

2»

Replies

• jessicasb74
    jessicasb74 Posts: 7 Member
    When I'm craving chocolate or something sweet towards the end of the evening, I will eat a Fiber One Brownie. They are only 90 calories & come in many yummy flavors including Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Chip Cooke & my new favorite, Lemon Bars! I don't know if it's because of they have 5 grams of fiber for each bar, but this tends to hit the spot & satisfy whatever craving I'm having. Those are the only flavors that I have tried, I don't know about the others, but the ones listed above are awesome! Hopefully this helps! :smile:
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    I don't specifically have a sweet tooth, but I do like to have a snack around 9pm. My snacks of choice are popcorn, frozen grapes or frozen yogurt. I always have plenty of calories banked for my 9pm cravings! :-)
  • I like a nice dessert tea if I'm feeling snacky in the late evenings.

I like David's tea, my favorite kind is chocolate chip dough for those late night sweet cravings.
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    For my late night sweet tooth, I've been trying to have some greek yogurt (which I love!) or half of Kellogs Protein Shakes. I like something with a bit more substance to curb my sweet tooth.
  • seskia
    seskia Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I know the feeling, but I clean my teeth and that stops any cravings I have.
  • Month late on this but thanks for all the great advice minus the ben and jerrys thing lol after being at this for a month now i losing that sweet tooth more and more. But have found healthy alternatives when it comes creeping back =)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I'm glad you're finding something that works for you.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    So one of my biggest issues is my late night sweet tooth, where I want icecream, chocolate, candy, etc... So my question is what do you all do to help curve this craving? I try to drink lots of water but sometimes that just doesn't do it. HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks!

I leave myself 200 extra calories for dinner, so I can have something sweet... and I go to bed earlier, and just try to think about what I'll have for breakfast the next day instead.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    My favorite prior to lo carb was a banana sliced with a little chocolate syrup and some whipped topping. Post Lo Carb, it is a cup of flavored tea with splenda a little cream or whatever works for you with the tea.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Try 1 cup of fresh blueberries with 3 tbsp of cottage cheese. That's my late night go-to. Sweet enough to appease the sweet tooth, filling thanks to the protein in the cottage cheese, and really, really tasty :happy:
  • ktdiddy
    ktdiddy Posts: 43 Member
    A chopped up banana with some cranberries and slivered almonds.
    I just smoosh it altogether! Sometimes I freeze the banana which makes 10 times better.
    Totally kills the cravings - I have given up dairy so needed something to replace the chocolate and this works a treat!
  • I like to have something sweet before I go to bed also. I just plan for it during the day and cut back on the number of calories I consume during the day. I sometimes skip my lunch time small frozen yogurt so I can have it before I go to bed. I say go ahead and have the sweets, just plan for it or exercise enough to zero out the calories.
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Plain yogurt with honey and berries... and a big glass of water... works every time.
  • JskC1893
    JskC1893 Posts: 156 Member
    So one of my biggest issues is my late night sweet tooth, where I want icecream, chocolate, candy, etc... So my question is what do you all do to help curve this craving? I try to drink lots of water but sometimes that just doesn't do it. HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks!

I definitely understand this!! Assuming you've completed your calories for the day, the only thing that really worked for me was to just say no, and go to bed. After about 2 weeks I was able to move beyond that craving/urge to eat something sweet right before bed. Its been about 3 months of me losing weight and I really don't crave anymore.

I know that sounds hard, but honestly its the only thing that worked for me!!

If I did fruits and things, it just continued the cravings. I basically had to stop and jsut get used to it and they did go away. Worth a try if you think you can :)