What was your strangest unhealthy food combo?

aquarabbit
aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
Mine was peanut butter, banana, and Nacho Cheese Doritos sandwiches on sourdough bread. I also used to mix white cheddar popcorn, peas, and those last crumbs in the potato chip bag in with Kraft mac and cheese. I don't eat like this anymore of course. What were/are your worst or weirdest (or both!) combos of food?

Replies

• Panda_Rolls
    Panda_Rolls Posts: 101 Member
    My friends and I did an "Iron Chef" challenge once, where we got together once a week with a theme ingredient. We came up with some pretty tasty stuff, like corn nut brittle and doritos mac n' cheese.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    a big fat cake with lots of whipping cream AND potatoe salad swimming in mayo
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Cheesy chips with chinese gravy!!! Sounds gross prob but it was gorgeous!! Still is!!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    fried chicken maple syrup and waffles amazingly it all went well together.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member

^^THIS. Damn. Now I want to try it.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    I'm not sure if either of these are weird or even uncommon, but pizza pan cookie with Betty Crocker frosting and smashed up chocolate bars on top, and I'm extremely fond of classic lays chips dipped in ice cream.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    McDonalds hot fudge sundae with fries :)
  • handsoftime
    handsoftime Posts: 39 Member
    Oreos and Homemade Nacho Cheese
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Guinness with glazed doughnuts.

It's the bomb. Unfortunately it puts me to sleep almost immediately with all that overload of goodness. (Heck, a plate of pancakes and syrup will even put me to sleep.):laugh:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    My friends and I did an "Iron Chef" challenge once, where we got together once a week with a theme ingredient. We came up with some pretty tasty stuff, like corn nut brittle and doritos mac n' cheese.

Doritos Mac n Cheese?! Marry me?
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member

My favorite combo too!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member

That's not how you do chicken and waffles.
    You start with a maple waffle, put fried chicken on top, and smother with gravy.
  • BearEssentials
    BearEssentials Posts: 27 Member

Yumsk! :smile:

on a similar note vanilla ice cream mixed with a little goats cheese and drizzled (who am I kidding :blushing: ) bacon studded caramel sauce ... om nom ...
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    toast with mayo , strawberries and pesto :wink:
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Choc-top dipped in movie popcorn. Love the salty and sweet combo.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Bag of pretzels + container of chocolate frosting

Giant frozen burrito heated up and dipped in nacho cheese sauce
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    every morning I would have a jolt cola and red hot potatoe chips on my way to work..
  • Scubadivr205
    Scubadivr205 Posts: 427 Member
    Hey the burrito thing sounds good!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    A three-decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich... with aresnic sauce.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    sandwiches with crisps in. Particularly very strong flavours like pickled onion. You make a normal sandwich, preferably with white bread, and then cut it into little squares or triangles, then take off the top piece of bread, put in as many crisps as you need, then replace the bread, and eat it.

if you are in the USA, by crisps I mean chips. i.e. things like doritos or monster munch that come in bags and you eat them. do you get monster munch in the USA? Pickled onion flavour monster munch go really well with this. But doritos do as well, and most other strongly flavoured crisps.