Any newbies ready to get started with Phase 1?

Options
Happyoceangirl
Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
Hey everyone, I'm hoping to find some people to start (and finish) this whole thing with. I've never made it beyond the first workout CD ... I think having friends along for the ride will make a HUGE difference!
Anyone want to join me and get this party started?? :bigsmile:

Replies

• K_FitandHealthy
    K_FitandHealthy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and am determined to make it through the whole program - always great to have others doing the same thing to keep you motivated!
  • svesemenja
    svesemenja Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hey everyone..

i am starting phase 1 on Monday. last time I started on the different date and it totally messed up my plan. :)
    last time i started phase 2 and then so many things happen in my life that i just totally neglected working out and clean eating.. i didnt gain weight that much since, but i feel i should start doing something again.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I just received the program and I am starting Phase 1 on Sunday!!!
  • svesemenja
    Options
    Great.. i am def starting on monday..
  • christinarayburn3
    christinarayburn3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started phase one last Monday, am going into week 2 of the first workout set...third kick at the can. Have made it up to week 7 in the past and then life got in the way. Am determined to complete the whole 12 weeks this time if it kills me!!!! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Awesome everyone !! Looking forward to being at the same general stage as you :) Thank you to each of you who have chimed in, feel free to post here once you start and / or as you progress :)

I'm wrapping up week 1 this week. It's been a big of a challenge to get back into a daily exercise habit, I'm so thankful to be getting there though. It's amazing how 2-3 days of Jillian is all it takes to wake that inner bad-*kitten* up!! :)
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'm staring today! Best of luck to everyone
  • svesemenja
    Options
    so great.. the first day of exercise passed.. i had tough time with planks, they are always hardest..had lot of water so cross my fingers my muscles wont hurt bad tomorrow.. :)

how is everyone else doing?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Did phase 1 workout 1 (week two) today. I definitely love that its suited for beginners - makes me feel strong without pushing TOO far. Something tells me she's just getting warmed up!

I subbed swimming for the cardio last week and may do the set again this week.

How are you all doing ?
  • wade78
    Options
    Hi all,
    I did phase 1 WO 1 yesterday! It wasnt too bad but I struggled with the planks and chair lift. Hope you all are doing OK
  • earcega
    earcega Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I literally started the Kickstart today :)
  • All4Tris
    Options
    I started yesterday. I've already complete Phase 1 workouts #1 and #2! Awesome workouts!!!
  • romlie
    romlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow! Planning on starting the kickstart as well.
  • wade78
    Options
    Morning Ladies (and Gents?)
    I did WO 2 yesterday which was hard although I was already tired from work. Looking forward to the cardio today. Hope you are all doing OK
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Wade78 - Yes!! Way to do it even after a long day. :) I was able to make that choice on Monday and it felt good. Today is supposed to be cardio, I think I will opt for a walk/run. The thought of doing suicides in my living room.... Well... you know ;)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Svesmenja-Did the water help?
  • svesemenja
    Options
    Hey girls,

how is everyone doing?

so today is day 3, cardio. god i hate those suicides... but i hang on and i was so happy when they were the last one..

surprisingly i dont have sore muscles, only those that i never use, but i thought my thighs and abs would hurt a lot.. but no.. i guess water did its thing..

i just finished yoga, before going to bed.. I love yoga so much so i just combine these two..
    Yeah i have to say that I live in Thailand, so its midnight here, bed time.. :)

Hope you all had good day..
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Good for you! Today was my cardio day too, I swapped a walk/run for the DVD. It was 40 minutes of jogging, 20 minutes of walking, entry of hills. Feels pretty good! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's
    workout but I'm worried I might not have the energy after 4 hours of driving and back to back client meetings. One day at a time, right??

Just curious... What kind of yoga program do you do?
    Hey girls,

how is everyone doing?

so today is day 3, cardio. god i hate those suicides... but i hang on and i was so happy when they were the last one..

surprisingly i dont have sore muscles, only those that i never use, but i thought my thighs and abs would hurt a lot.. but no.. i guess water did its thing..

i just finished yoga, before going to bed.. I love yoga so much so i just combine these two..
    Yeah i have to say that I live in Thailand, so its midnight here, bed time.. :)

Hope you all had good day..
  • All4Tris
    Options
    I did Cardio 1 yesterday and I don't particularly care for it. I think I'll do some other form of Cardio on the Cardio days.
  • svesemenja
    Options
    yeah, i didnt like cardio that much too..maybe latter on i will change it to something else.. will see..

@ smiles4miles: i found free online yoga classes, the lady is called Dr Melissa West. She talks little bit too much, but i am ok with her program. Mainly its Hatha yoga, which is my fav. She has you tube channel, and she uploads a video every week. there are few playlists, of course 2 playlists for beginners and after that you can do any other video.. I accidentally found her, and for now i am satisfied with her classes. Also, you can ask her anything on her facebook, and she responds after few days.