Best walking shoe..Doing the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk

Any help would be appreciated. Doing the Susan G. Komen 3 day (walking 60 mile in days) for breast cancer in November. I was wondering if you have favorite walking shoe or if you have done this walk what shoe would you recommend? thank you!!!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    I have had 2 pairs of Merrells. They did not cost a fortune, kind of like a walking trainer rather than a boot, they are comfy and light. I have had a lot of mileage out of them although they are pretty wrecked and tatty now they are still very comfortable.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Head to a local running store and tell them that you need a shoe for walking. They will fit you for the best shoe for your foot and for what you are doing.

You could ask 10 different people what their favorite shoe is and get 10 different responses, and it's possible that none of the 10 are the right shoe for you.

The only way to know is to be properly fitted. Especially with how many miles you are going to be walking in those three days, and for all the walking that you'll be doing to train for it, you'll want the absolute best fit for your foot.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Head to a local running store and tell them that you need a shoe for walking. They will fit you for the best shoe for your foot and for what you are doing.

You could ask 10 different people what their favorite shoe is and get 10 different responses, and it's possible that none of the 10 are the right shoe for you.

The only way to know is to be properly fitted. Especially with how many miles you are going to be walking in those three days, and for all the walking that you'll be doing to train for it, you'll want the absolute best fit for your foot.

^^^totally this. And make sure you go now and train in these shoes to make sure they're comfy for you! Best of luck with your walk.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    None.

I would never participate in another Susan G. Komen anything after their unhidden attempts to be mouthpieces for the religious right wing in our country.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    None.

I would never participate in another Susan G. Komen anything after their unhidden attempts to be mouthpieces for the religious right wing in our country.

Well..neither would I. But I'm still interested in recommendations on walking shoes.
  • babybs
    babybs Posts: 48 Member
    Ryka.
  • carlacv
    carlacv Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you everyone for your recommendations and comments. Going to my local running store on Friday to get fitted! :smile: