Help pls :(

shaleenacupicupsantos
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
This is my 1st month eating 1200 cal and only lose 1lb :( im sedetary my bmr is 1560 and my tdee is 1860 i don't know what to do pls help.? I really wanted to get back to shape after 3 years give birth from my daughter i decided to get fit again like my single days before giving birth im 129 lbs 5'6 now im 159 :(

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    On your previous thread of a few days ago you got some good advice, and I'd echo suggestions there to choose a less aggressive goal. You are only barely overweight, and your body can only let go of so much fat at once. Having a massive calories deficit will not do you any favours long term and you risk losing muscle mass as you lose weight (lose too much muscle and not only will it be harder to keep the weight off as you will lower your metabolism, but you will also find it hard to look how you looked before pregnancy).

Choose a smaller calorie deficit and aim to lose no more than about 0.5 lb a week. With a 3 year old, I doubt you are truly sedentary anyway. If you want to look "fit" (depending on your definition of that) then getting some exercise in will help.
  • Im doing some zumba but i lasted only 30 mins and i lose 300 cal doing that and i eat 1200 cal a day some websites said i need to eat my exercise cal so what is exercising for?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Im doing some zumba but i lasted only 30 mins and i lose 300 cal doing that and i eat 1200 cal a day some websites said i need to eat my exercise cal so what is exercising for?

MFP is designed to eat calories back. Also, make sure your account is set up at no more than 1 lb per week.Or just follow the advice in the other thread. Many of us deviate from the standard MFP set up. If you follow MFP though, at least alter your macro's to get more protein and fats. I would suggest around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    so what is exercising for?
    Off the top of my head?

I exercise:
    -to feel good (and help manage/prevent depression/anxiety)
    -to improve cardiovascular fitness
    -to get stronger
    -to help prevent numerous nasty lifestyle-related diseases
    -to help retain muscle mass (and at some point in the future to build some muscle mass)
    -to help retain bone density
    -to look better in and out of clothes (I prefer a more athletic, and dare I say it, "toned" look)
    -to be more flexible
    -to be able to run for a bus, or run across a road, or climb stairs, or whatever, and not be gasping for breath
    -to increase self-confidence and self-esteem
    -to have fun
    -to sleep better
    -to have more energy
    -to (hopefully) stay fit, active, independent and healthy for as long as possible
    -as a means of learning new skills
    -as a means of achieving new goals (eg lifting more, running faster, running further, competing in races)
    -so I can eat a little more (1500 calories a day is a lot more manageable than 1200 calories, 1900 a day is a lot more manageable than 1600, and so on...)
This discussion has been closed.