Petitie Girl Looking to Tone

Options
katk1113
katk1113 Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello there!

I just recently got back into working out and I'm trying to find a routine that won't bore me to death. I'm 5'1 and about 120lbs, but I'm looking to loose some flub in my thighs and stomach. I have been lifting free-weights about 10lbs. each and do different forms of squats and lunges. Any other suggestions to get myself jumpstarted on a motivating routine?

Thanks a bunch :)

Replies

• roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Google the "100 Rep Workout." Enjoy.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as ''toning'' It's called muscles

Lifting heavy (ie, dropping the pink dumbells) will get you that ''toned'' look you want.
    10lbs won't do you any good, hun

I suggest looking into programs like Starting Strenght, New Rules of lifting or Stronglifts
  • missdamman
    Options
    i don't workout at a gym and i don't know much about working out... but i am also looking to tone and loose a little weight. i started biking and i also do the gold gyms bikini workout (lots of squats)as well as the 30 day shred and have noticed a HUGE difference in my thighs.
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    google 'fitness blender' ! it's my favorite fitness website.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Toning = lose bodyfat

Okay?

Now go forth unto the internet with this mindblowing revelation and discover the benefits of exercise beyond ridiculous squat challenges and waving paperweights around your living room.

Find something challenging; weight lifting, calisthenetics, yoga or whatever -- something with progression -- and stick to it.
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm petite as well - 5'2" currently 125lbs (though my goal is about 115). I carry all of my weight in my hips and thighs and for me is the hardest part to tone up. I have found the best results with weight training. I do Les Mills BodyPump twice a week, but since that isn't really "heavy" lifting, I have also added 2 days of heavier lifting with squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, etc.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

I just recently got back into working out and I'm trying to find a routine that won't bore me to death. I'm 5'1 and about 120lbs, but I'm looking to loose some flub in my thighs and stomach. I have been lifting free-weights about 10lbs. each and do different forms of squats and lunges. Any other suggestions to get myself jumpstarted on a motivating routine?

Thanks a bunch :)

I'm with ya! I wanna start building some muscle too... I wanna start out slow & light so I don't damage anything & then move up in weight & intensity... Good luck! =)
  • katk1113
    Options
    thanks for the positive help :)
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a circuit you may want to try out.
This discussion has been closed.