Hello MFP

Options
Nathanielisback
Nathanielisback Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Short Summary >

I started here nearlly 2 months ago - I have lost around 10 pounds give or take since i joined. ( 303pounds was my heaviest - Now 258 ).;

I had a holiday and some work like go in my way and i was cheating on here.

I was not logging everything I ate - Wasnt sticking to my goals and that was Depressing me enough - and making me not motivated at all. I was in a Rut - really bad, IVe been overwieght for 4 years now, but prior to that i was at the peek fitness of my life and thats what i want.

This time im doing it properly. I have pictured myself and took down my starting weight.

I started today with a 4 mile jog at 6am. and I have even logged my fat friday sandwich (its a work thing)

So hopefully i am now on the correct track and I can ultimately succeed in my goal.

THanks for ready and Please Add me!!!

24 from the UK Male.

Replies

• mgottlieb50
    mgottlieb50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Nathan,

You sound like you are doing great.

My guess is I'm a bit older, 62 3/4 yrs, but have been battling excess wt all my life. Now mid 280s #s, down from recent 320 high. Frustratingly plateau'd - I need to get back to watching and tracking again - dieting :-(.

I went Vegan a couple years back. Allowed me to get off diabetes meds, get my A1Cs to normal without drugs, and to lose a bit of wt, but more health gain than wt. loss. Trying to go more toward whole plant-based diet (min. added fats), but volume seems to be my weakness..

You have to suffer some to lose weight - that seems to be natures way. Short of surgical re-plumbing or limited drug appetite suppression - to lose you need to take in less than you burn-up. And diets requires some discipline over destre to eat - the way it is! But the trick to sustained weight maintenance is viggilance. So much easier to back slide than to lose, and damn hard to lose!

So congrats on your progress. keep the furnace burning.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I have sent you a FR's request, it is always nice to get some encouragement :smile:
This discussion has been closed.