Evolution of a Face (126 lbs down)

Options
wizbeth1218
wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
The other day I wrote a blog post and included a face-pic from October of last year (you can read the post here - http://fatgirldiariesonline.blog.com/2013/08/22/listing-to-port/ - if you are interested).

I looked at the picture and thought, "I don't recognize myself." My next thought was, "I really looked like that?!"

And that made me look through some older pictures, and then snap a quick selfie today.

After 126 pounds lost, the changes to my body are pretty astounding (even if I do say so myself), but I don't often look back and compare just facial differences.

442e5d54-b7db-4694-ae91-126536e79646_zpsc38104e6.jpg

I gotta admit, it's pretty stinkin' awesome to look at pictures of myself and actually like them. That's probably one of the biggest changes over the last 11 months: I actually like the way I look (as long as I have clothes on... 'cause I have a lot of excess skin <shudder> ). :noway:

What I did/am doing: Eliminated binge trigger foods like chocolate & refined sugars. Closely monitor high-carb foods because I have difficulty limiting those portions. Joined a 12-step program for food addiction. Eat mostly lean meats, fruits, vegetables, and high-protein nutrient-dense foods. Eat three sensible, clean meals daily with maybe one snack. Exercise 5-7 times weekly: started with 30DS, then added free weights with elliptical, then C25K & free weights. Currently training for a half-marathon using Hal Higdon's program. 1,200 - 1,400 calories daily. Water is my only beverage.

Find what works for you and keep doing it. You are worth it.

Replies

• lauren282
    lauren282 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done - what an amazing difference!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great. Did you eat back your excerise calories?
  • 0Caligirl0
    0Caligirl0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!!!
  • crystaldport
    crystaldport Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You.Are.Awesome. :)
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Did you eat back your excerise calories?

Sometimes, I eat back some of them. Maybe 100-200 calories. Just a little extra wiggle room.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Looks great! There are some pretty big changes there, but one thing remained - your beautiful smile!
  • dianahoo
    dianahoo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Many congrats!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    i just checked out some of your pics on your profile and lady, you have done a wonderful job all over, not just in your face!
    Beautifully done!
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl!! You look amazing!!
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    You are awesome and I'm so fortunate to have you for a friend. There aren't words to say how awesome you have done. there just arent Way to go!!!!!! Big hug and a major happy dance for you!
  • jasonalvear
    jasonalvear Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am loving this face evolution idea! Great job and you look so happy!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    thats so cool!! congrats
  • trainerbarb
    Options
    Yay you! You were beautiful before, and now.... I am envous!
  • dbletwins
    Options
    Those are some very impressive pictures! Excellent job!
  • julesyb1982
    Options
    Dang girl! Great job. You look fantabulous.
  • staceycakes71
    staceycakes71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you look 20 years younger! :happy:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous results. Well done. xxx
  • wizbeth1218
    Options
    Thanks, friends! You know how to make a heart happy. :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and your happiness is evident. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!