Your number one reason to lose weight

Hi,

I have been part of MFP for quite some time, but have struggled with myself to get enough motivation and self control to actually lose weight. I even completed C25k without losing more than a couple of pounds.

So in another effort to get myself to stick to what I need to do and successfully make the changes I need to make to actually steadily go down in numbers I am trying to remind myself of all the reasons I want to do this. My number one reason is that my mom has breast cancer, high blood pressure and diabetes and I want to do everything in my power to help prevent these diseases in my own life.

So what about all of you? What is your number one reason for losing weight?

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    I want to be able to outrun zombies in the event that another ascomycota fungi evolves/mutates and takes over our bodies.

(Brownie points if you know that reference.)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I have a warrant on me in Pa for being a mule. So its hard for me to get to see parts of my family. Losing weight would make it a lot harder to recognize me from photos.
  • I have numerous reasons for wanting to lose the weight but, my number one reason is to be healthy for my children.

Heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure? Yeah, all of that runs in my family.

I want to live long enough and be healthy enough to watch my children, and their children, grow and enjoy life.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    To bang hot chicks.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    That's the fungus that takes over ants? Or is that another one? Haha, in any case, that would be very creepy.. good reason to be fit indeed!
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    To look good naked.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Continued good health.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    narrowing it down to one reason is almost impossible. But my cholesterol was through the roof before I begin this journey. Doc said to do something about it.
  • LovinDaNewLiz002
    LovinDaNewLiz002 Posts: 18 Member
    My Health, My future with my fiancé to be a wonderful and fit wife and mother, my future career as an Law Enforcement Officer

Hard to pick number one reason
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    To seduce EVERYONE!
  • Because I deserve to be hot and not paranoid about my body...I don't want to be anxious anymore.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    The size of my @ss is my number one reason. It takes up too much space in a chair. So I try to get off of it and do better.

ETA Ooh, this one is good too...
    To seduce EVERYONE!
    (well, the continued seduction of the DH anyway...)
    :flowerforyou:
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    I've also been struggling lately but seem to be slowly getting properly back on track. My main reasons are to be a healthy person and within the right weight range for me and also to look and feel good.
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    I want to look hot enough to wear backless dresses, bikinis, shorts, skin tight anything and sexy lingerie for my hubby and feel good and confident.
  • danigirl258
    danigirl258 Posts: 12 Member
    My short term goal is to be able to wear a bikini on my trip to New Zealand in 7 months. Long term goal is to improve my health and confidence.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Looking good naked and lowering my blood pressure.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    To seduce EVERYONE!

Excellent goal. Count me as seduced!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Does it really matter what other people's reasons are. No matter how you chose to look at it; it is completely up to you. You are going to have to decide what is important to you and grab hold of it.

Then you also have to consider that it changes. I started off just wanting to be able to tie my shoes without running out of breath. No I want to climb in the octagon with kids half my age and get my *kitten* kicked or hand one out.

Bottom line you have to find your own path!
  • I have a few reasons:

*To feel good about myself
    *So I can wear all of the clothes I want to
    *Get my confidence back
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    to grow old with my husband. and have healthy GingaPino babies without me worrying about Gestational Diabetes and/or being bedridden.

The #1 vain reason is to for the first time wear a bikini