wearing gym clothing in public ok?

ive noticed recently that i dont have allot of time to change cloths ect as im currently a student and also work part time and try to fit going to the gym in my day hard. so i end up wearing my gym cloths to lessons then change to work cloths then change back into my gym cloths after work and then go to the gym. ive noticed that 90% of the time im wearing a sport brand aswell puma,nike and adidas ect. i even wear my nike running shoes as there so comfy aswell as either my sweat pants or training shorts.

training gear is just so comfy but is it ok to wear it in public ect?

Replies

• Who cares what people think? Look what they wear to Wal-Mart! :).
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Is it OK, of course.

Many gyms don't allow street shoes in the facility, so if you're wearing your gym shoes everywhere that's one thing to think about.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    ive noticed recently that i dont have allot of time to change cloths ect as im currently a student and also work part time and try to fit going to the gym in my day hard. so i end up wearing my gym cloths to lessons then change to work cloths then change back into my gym cloths after work and then go to the gym. ive noticed that 90% of the time im wearing a sport brand aswell puma,nike and adidas ect. i even wear my nike running shoes as there so comfy aswell as either my sweat pants or training shorts.

Rock it!! Maybe some motivation = get ya *kitten* runnin' from class to class. =))
    Don't mind others if you're getting negative attention - you're taking care of yourself...which is awesome!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    You have my permission
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    :huh: I thought the gym was public...?

I wear yoga pants and a sports tank out to the store and stuff... even if I'm not going to the gym, just because it's comfy. lol It's fine with me!

Now, if you wear it to the gym to workout, then wear it to your lessons... you might have some comments cuz... you know, sweat... and large groups don't mix well :sick: But other than that...
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    well, for me I'm a trainer and group exercise instructor, so workout clothes are my work clothes. I soend the majority of my time in workout clothes as I already have to bring two or three changes of clothes to work, I'm not going to bring ANOTHER pair to change into after work if I need to stop at the grocery store or something. As long as I don't smell, and I look presentable then I don't care.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Are all your naughty bits covered?

If yes, then it's OK. If no, then cover them up.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    It just depends on 1. what your gym clothes actually look like and 2. what public we're talking about. You probably wouldn't want to wear gym clothes to an office job or to visit the queen, but if you are going to the grocery store after a workout nobody will care. Saturday mornings it seems like everybody is wearing workout clothes.

If you are concerned, just make sure you have public appropriate workout clothes that sort of fit in with the general public. Lots of these on the shelves.
  • if you're comfortable in it and don't smell awful, then have at it.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Ive been dressing like that since the 1990s because those are pretty much the only clothes I own. When I get that $35 million dollar signing bonus I will start dressing like Deion Sanders.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    I wear mine all the time. Right after the gym i am usually going grocery shopping or running errands. Sometimes i just dont feel like changing after i exercise right away....just be comfortable in what ever works for you.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member

I'd hope all of her "Naughty bits' would be covered at the gym, too. What kind of gym clothes are YOU wearing?? :huh:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I wear my gym clothes to work. Soon as I get off work, I hit the gym. I do work graveyard shift though. Not many people around where I work that enforce or care about a certain dress code.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

I'd hope all of her "Naughty bits' would be covered at the gym, too. What kind of gym clothes are YOU wearing?? :huh:

I go to a pretty liberal gym ... :laugh:
  • totally ok, gym clothes are SO comfortable and a lot of the time just as cute! Even if I'm super sweaty afterwards I'll still run to Target, go get a bite to eat, whatever...I don't care! Don't judge me! lol
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Just live your life.....we all do.:wink:
  • mcasprin
    mcasprin Posts: 14
    yea everything is covered that shouldn't be shown. i normally wear my nike running shoes then some sweat pants or my training shorts depending on the weather, a fitted t shirt and a hoodie if im cold. i get allot of looks tho as when i walk through the main area of my city where people are shopping ect.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    i even wear my nike running shoes as there so comfy

I ONLY wear my running shoes for running - so if I were going to classes or work or whatever, I'd have on other shoes and keep my running shoes in my gym bag until I'm ready to run

As long as YOU are comfortable doing it then YES! It took me a while to get used to going to the store in workout clothes (because I wear compression tights/shorts/etc), but I see people at Target and all over in their gym clothes so I got used to it!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    As long as it doesn't smell, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Obviously there are certain places where it's not appropriate, but generally speaking it's fine.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Who cares what people think? Look what they wear to Wal-Mart! :).

^^THIS!!!!! :drinker: