Best NSV Ever

leelxxsh
leelxxsh Posts: 28 Member
Since I'm going back to school in a few weeks, I've been doing last minute shopping (meaning bras and shoes). I told myself that I knew what I wanted but was going to look for the cheapest things. 3 days ago I found the heels I've been looking for for months, and they were $90 (a lot for a broke college student haha). But you know what? I bought them. And yesterday when I bought new bras, the total came to $96. But rather than feel guilty that I was spending so much money on myself, I was happy. Because for the first time in my life, I realized I was worth spending money on myself! I've only lost 17 pounds so far but it's done so much for my self esteem that I realize now I'm worth it, and I deserve to be happy and to have nice things. To me, that's the best NSV you could have- finally learning to be happy in your own body :)

Replies

• TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    You ARE worth it! LOVE THIS POST! :)
  • lissalove1123
    lissalove1123 Posts: 3 Member
    This is the absolute best! You are so worth it!!! :) Keep going, and you DO deserve to be happy! :)
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Congratulations, my friends and I always say we are L'OREAL BABY (worth it) to boost each other when we are feeling down. Don't feel guilty at all, how good you feel in the new clothes will be worth every penny because I bet you are walking with confidence and it shines from within.

:flowerforyou:
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    The way you're going to carry yourself in your new duds is going to further your victory and motivate you to carry on. Money well spent my friend! You totally freaking deserve it!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    The way you're going to carry yourself in your new duds is going to further your victory and motivate you to carry on. Money well spent my friend! You totally freaking deserve it!

Couldn't have said it better!:flowerforyou:
  • leelxxsh
    leelxxsh Posts: 28 Member
    Awww thanks guys :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    The best thing you can gain by losing is your self esteem ;-)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    You are worth it!
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Love the message this post sends out. Congrats!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    this is such a happy NSV!!! i'm so proud of you for feeling self worth as a college student. i didn't learn to love myself, truly, until many years later. still a work in progress...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!